Windows 10: Windows updates driving me NUTS!

Discus and support Windows updates driving me NUTS! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It seems like lately, that every time Windows does a patch/upgrade, it wipes out my Edge favorites! This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jayv2251, Sep 12, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Windows updates driving me NUTS!

It seems like lately, that every time Windows does a patch/upgrade, it wipes out my Edge favorites! This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks! Also, I suddenly cannot download anything from the Windows store either. Ready to pull my hair out! How can I fix this or stop Edge from doing this?

:)

jayv2251, Sep 12, 2017

2. N96 driving me nuts...

As for your message icon read /discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=44

As for the restarting handset im guessing its firmware ver. 11? if so get on to you network and get at least 12 out of them if not 20.

ricksvill---01, Sep 12, 2017
  3. N96 driving me nuts...

I think I have to try that...

tamaverdal, Sep 12, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

You might want to save some of your hair, on October 17 there is another major update.

If you go to settings then Update & Security then Advanced options there are several settings to slow down how and when you get updates.

sml156, Sep 12, 2017
  5. jayv2251 Win User
    Well I did figure one issue out. By running a Command Line as an Admin, then running wsreset, I got Windows store to work again. Now to figure out why I keep loosing Edge favorites...and now I just found my usb mic isn't working! Oh the joys of windows!

jayv2251, Sep 12, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    It's odd that you're loosing favourites, every time I've done a fresh install, my Edge favourites appear automatically.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows updates driving me NUTS! - Similar Threads - updates driving NUTS

2. Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driving me nuts: I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages that lazy companies such as Cyberlink lean on because they're too inept to develop their own C++ codes...
  3. Simple batch file driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple batch file driving me nuts: All I want to do is check if a folder exists on a network share and if it does, copy a file to it. Should be a piece of cake. Here is my code: Code: @echo on set "newFile=Just a test file.txt" set "hostTarget=\\Kfwserver\HP_D\ShowkeyPlus Data\" if exists "%hostTarget%" copy...
  4. this is driving me nuts!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...
  5. all these BSODs are driving me nuts

all these BSODs are driving me nuts: Hello, I'm getting very frequent BSOD's, and up to now have not been able to get to the root of the problem. The software I'm using to analyse the dumps says it's not a hardware problem. My impression is that usually the BSOD occurs on waking up from hibernation. The usual...
  6. Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things!: Hello all, Yes, unfortunately another thread about windows 10's wonderful temp profile. I thought i fixed it last week with the changing of the .bak in registry, but no. And it's not just one profile, every local profile i have does it, even the administrator account...
  7. yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts

yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts: hi i tried interpreting these dump files myself to work out my woes, but no, no, no...i give up and am not ashamed to ask for help! there are 30 dmp files, but i don't want to bother someone to go through them all, but i suppose there might be a pattern shows up across...
  8. My Dell XPS 8700 2014 is driving me nut

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Dell XPS 8700 2014 is driving me nut: Since I upgraded to W10, the Audio Service and internet connection both keep crashing. Randomly. My computer is the only one hard-wired to the router. We have others and none loses their signal. I made sure to try wi-fi on and off, no difference. Tried a different cable....
  9. Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.

Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post! Please see attached the Minidumps that were collected after running dm_log_collector.exe Computer specs I expect should be visible in my profile. In case I missed some crucial information, let me know and I'll...
  10. TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage: TiWorker keeps chewing up my HDD today. It keeps popping up in my resource monitor, causing my HDD to make a ton of racket (it's a loud WD black drive). In task manager, I right-click on it and select low priority, but then a few minutes later when it pops back up again, it's...