Windows 10: Windows updates driving me NUTS!

Discus and support Windows updates driving me NUTS! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It seems like lately, that every time Windows does a patch/upgrade, it wipes out my Edge favorites! This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jayv2251, Sep 12, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Windows updates driving me NUTS!

It seems like lately, that every time Windows does a patch/upgrade, it wipes out my Edge favorites! This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks! Also, I suddenly cannot download anything from the Windows store either. Ready to pull my hair out! How can I fix this or stop Edge from doing this?

:)

jayv2251, Sep 12, 2017

2. N96 driving me nuts...

As for your message icon read /discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=44

As for the restarting handset im guessing its firmware ver. 11? if so get on to you network and get at least 12 out of them if not 20.

ricksvill---01, Sep 12, 2017
  3. N96 driving me nuts...

I think I have to try that...

tamaverdal, Sep 12, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

You might want to save some of your hair, on October 17 there is another major update.

If you go to settings then Update & Security then Advanced options there are several settings to slow down how and when you get updates.

sml156, Sep 12, 2017
  5. jayv2251 Win User
    Well I did figure one issue out. By running a Command Line as an Admin, then running wsreset, I got Windows store to work again. Now to figure out why I keep loosing Edge favorites...and now I just found my usb mic isn't working! Oh the joys of windows!

jayv2251, Sep 12, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    It's odd that you're loosing favourites, every time I've done a fresh install, my Edge favourites appear automatically.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows updates driving me NUTS! - Similar Threads - updates driving NUTS

2. KB5031354 Problem Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5031354 Problem Driving me nuts: I installed KB5031354 through this linkhttps://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5031354The installation completed OKThe Windows version is OKBUT...In Windows update the update appears as pending, and it tries to install it again and again.It is annoying.Can...
  3. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows installer driving me nuts: Hellow I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 a couple months ago, and every since windows installer keeps trying to install office 03 that I upgraded to office 10 years ago, every time I open any program I have keep clicking cancel until it quits and lets my program open. Please...
  4. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows installer driving me nuts: Hellow I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 a couple months ago, and every since windows installer keeps trying to install office 03 that I upgraded to office 10 years ago, every time I open any program I have keep clicking cancel until it quits and lets my program open. Please...
  5. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. NEED HELP WITH UPDATE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEED HELP WITH UPDATE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!: hello for some reason i cannot update the 2021-08 cumulative update for windows 10 version 20h2 for x64- based systems KB5005033. THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET IS "IT COULDNT COMPLETE THE UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES"AND ON MY WINDOWS UPDATE SECTION IT HAS THESE NUMBERS- 0x800f0922, can...
  7. Driving me Nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driving me Nuts: [ATTACH] Every time I restart my pc or rarely where my pc crashes my lock screen is switched to this photo. I've done a system image search but failed to find it. Right clicking on the off screen prompt takes me nowhere. I'm seriously done with this. I need help...
  8. Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driving me nuts: I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages that lazy companies such as Cyberlink lean on because they're too inept to develop their own C++ codes...
  9. this is driving me nuts!

this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...
  10. all these BSODs are driving me nuts

all these BSODs are driving me nuts: Hello, I'm getting very frequent BSOD's, and up to now have not been able to get to the root of the problem. The software I'm using to analyse the dumps says it's not a hardware problem. My impression is that usually the BSOD occurs on waking up from hibernation. The usual...