Windows 10: Windows Updates fail to install an already installed update error???

Discus and support Windows Updates fail to install an already installed update error??? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had already installed, successfully I might add, a Definitions update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3115321). The Update already installed and now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lord zaeon, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Windows Updates fail to install an already installed update error???

I had already installed, successfully I might add, a Definitions update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3115321). The Update already installed and now it keeps coming up with the same error unable to install update:
    Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3115321) 32-Bit Edition - Error 0x80070643
    I tried uninstalling the installed update and Windows won't do it returning an "Unspecified error" response. I have Windows 10 Home (32bit) installed and I cannot find a way to get Update, as you used to be able do, to HIDE the offending update. (THANKS Microsoft for removing functionality from Windows YET AGAIN).
    I'm at my wits end with this. . I have asked about this problem before directly reporting the issue to Microsoft (Surprise surprise... NO RESPONSE. I'd get a better response from a brick wall). Seriously not happy; considering cutting my losses and reverting (AS I STILL HAVE MY INSTALL DISCS) to Windows 7 or moving to Linux. Way to go to p**s off users!

:)

Lord zaeon, Aug 6, 2016

2. KB4051963 - Installation fail

Windows update installs KB4051963, reboots, and tells me that the installation failed, then it want to install again, does so and fails, and again and and again...

I have downloaded the update and run manually, It tells me that is already installed in the system.

Any solution to make windows update understand that this update is already installed in the system?

AndresSuero, Aug 6, 2016
  3. KB3081424 fails to update, but is already installed?

Some progress. Still failing to install the "Cumulative" updates:
    http://i.imgur.com/86zwNt5.png

Same error code (0x80070011):
    http://i.imgur.com/984cVpD.png

Seems like only the "Cumulative" updates are the only ones throwing errors and failing to install.

Craig_Jones, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Windows Updates fail to install an already installed update error???

Problem solved. Used the Microsoft Show/Hide Updates Troubleshooter tool. Why did I have to go looking for this? This is a useful part of Windows functionality... What were they thinking of removing it. then hiding the tool? (Rhetorical questions; I know why. Thank you Nanny Microsoft, but I'm a better programmer than most of your shiftless lot)

Lord zaeon, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

Windows Updates fail to install an already installed update error???

1. Windows Updates fail to install an already installed update error??? - Similar Threads - Updates fail install

2. Windows 10 update 22H2 fails, already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update 22H2 fails, already installed: Why is Windows 10 update attempting and failing, 0x80070643 to install version 22H2 when it was already installed per the update history on 10/20/2022? SFC shows no errors. No device manager errors. DISM.exe says the image is repairable, but when I try restorehealth it says...
  3. Windows 10 update 22H2 fails, already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 22H2 fails, already installed: Why is Windows 10 update attempting and failing, 0x80070643 to install version 22H2 when it was already installed per the update history on 10/20/2022? SFC shows no errors. No device manager errors. DISM.exe says the image is repairable, but when I try restorehealth it says...
  4. Windows 10 update 22H2 fails, already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 23H2 Update keeps failing to install 0x8007001f / 0x80242016... but already installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 23H2 Update keeps failing to install 0x8007001f / 0x80242016... but already installed.: Hello,Windows update keeps trying to install 23H2 and asking me to restart, but when I do, it then complains that 23H2 failed to install. Yet, 23H2 seems to already be installed when I run the Windows11InstallationAssistant and or search my update history notice the...
  6. Windows 23H2 Update keeps failing to install 0x8007001f / 0x80242016... but already installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 23H2 Update keeps failing to install 0x8007001f / 0x80242016... but already installed.: Hello,Windows update keeps trying to install 23H2 and asking me to restart, but when I do, it then complains that 23H2 failed to install. Yet, 23H2 seems to already be installed when I run the Windows11InstallationAssistant and or search my update history notice the...
  7. Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed

Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed: Windows Update is constantly trying to a install a windows update that's already installed. To be specific it's September 1st 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview KB5005101 or September 14 2021-09 Cumulative Update KB5005565 I'm using Windows 10 21H1.This seems to be related to...
  8. Windows Update Error: It apparently is attempting to install an already installed update...

Windows Update Error: It apparently is attempting to install an already installed update...: HP Pavilion 570-p054 Windows 10 Pro version 19041.450 Programs and features shows KB4566782 installed When running Windows Update, I get an error message "An update is being prepared for your device, but it is not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again...
  9. Windows Update tries to install an already installed update

Windows Update tries to install an already installed update: Hello there. I noticed that windows update tries to install a display driver and it fails, because it already has installed it. This has been going on since the 2020 update release. I can't make it stop. Is there any way to make it "forget" or exclude this update? Somehow...
  10. Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.

Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.: Fix Windows Update or give the one from 8.1 or 7. The update in question is this: [ATTACH] Now I have already installed it manually by downloading it through Microsoft Catalogue since I know Windows Updates fail mostly. Here's the proof: [ATTACH]...