Windows 10: Windows updates for limited users

Discus and support Windows updates for limited users in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using a Desktop. My pattern of usage is not to use the computer every day sometimes several days without use. When I use it may just be for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KenGeoyner, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Windows updates for limited users

I am using a Desktop. My pattern of usage is not to use the computer every day sometimes several days without use. When I use it may just be for an hour or so. When not in use the POWER will be OFF.
    I have set the Active Hours setting. I have also set the Metered Connection ON.
    My question is how do updates react to this situation? Is there any difference between Security updates and Edition updates?
    Thank you for your help.

:)

KenGeoyner, Apr 6, 2017
  2. RajeshHE Win User

windows phone updates for non nokia users

Hello Entegy,

First of all thanks for the reply. I think even all android phones are eligible for updates released by google and it is the pc manufacturer who restricts the updates to a particular model of phone. Then there is no difference between windows phone and an
    android phone according to your reply. Is this correct or there is any difference?

RajeshHE, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    windows phone updates for non nokia users

The manufacturer is still involved in the update process. You have to ask the manufacturer when you'll get the update.

Note that unlike Android, all Windows Phone are always eligible for updates. The only block is the manufacturer or your carrier.

Entegy, Apr 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows updates for limited users

Active hours limits the period in which a restart will occur, as you know. This extends fom 12 hours to 18 hours with the Creator's Upgrade.

The metered connection setting (which can be applied to both Wifi and ethernet connections) means you won't get updates at all as far as I know, but with the Creator's Upgrade, it is said that MS will still provide critical updates with such settings.

You may prefer to use a Notify Only setting, which certainly applies pre-Creator Upgrade.

If you have Win 10 Pro, you can use Defer Feature Updates, which will prevent major build upgrades for some months. I believe the period permitted for this changes with the Creator's Upgrade, (perhaps 35 days max if I recall correctly).

dalchina, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

Windows updates for limited users

1. Windows updates for limited users - Similar Threads - updates limited users

2. Guest user / another user with limited access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest user / another user with limited access: Hello, I want to create an secondary user on my computer with limited access. I manage to create a secondary user without an Microsoft Account. Just with username and password. My problem is that this other user have access to the D-disk where i have all my personal files....
  3. Visibility of Time Limit Family to User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Visibility of Time Limit Family to User: Hi everyone, can you help? I have just set up time limits for my child but the biggest issue is that there does not seem to be a counter for them to keep track of their daily usage? Is there a solution that I am unaware of? I have searched a plenty and found nothing....
  4. Core limits per user for Windows Virtual Desktop

Core limits per user for Windows Virtual Desktop: Hi, In my POC with a customer, I noticed that for 'Heavy' user profile, each user was defaulted to only 1 vCore per user. What I am keen to know is: 1: How to increase the number of vCores per user to 2 2: How to increase RAM limit per user to higher than default I...
  5. Limited bandwidth for PC user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited bandwidth for PC user: I have home PC with Win10 with admin account and user accounts on the PC. A few days ago I have discovered that while admin has still full speed bandwidth Internet connection, PC user has very limited bandwidth. We have 10 Mbps Internet connection available for Admin, but...
  6. Limit users to their home folder

Limit users to their home folder: Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on). I checked with Group...
  7. Limiting applications that are on user accounts

Limiting applications that are on user accounts: I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account is a Microsoft account and my user accounts are local. I just tried adding a user account but when I logged in, it looked...
  8. Net User Command Limitations

Net User Command Limitations: Just a quick question, does net user command work on Windows Accounts linked online? I’m thinking it doesn’t but I just need to make sure. 116710
  9. Limit RDP users

Limit RDP users: Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers, each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP, but now i want to limit the accses to some programes on the computer, can i do it? 49159
  10. Limited connected users

Limited connected users: Does anyone know how many users are allowed to connect at the same time to network? Win 7 allows only 20. What about Win 10?? 40644