Windows 10: Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

Discus and support Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mealadin, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Mealadin Win User

Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core processor I even try to install manually But it show that Your system does not meet with the minimum requirement .I have 8 gigs of ram ,1 TB of storage and an Intel core i7-4720 HQ processor with Nvidia Gtx 950m graphics card. I have Windows 10 single language operating system 64 bit.

:)

Mealadin, Apr 16, 2024

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 16, 2024
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Apr 16, 2024
  4. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one - Similar Threads - updates keeps installed

2. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  3. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  4. Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver: Hello team Microsoft,I have been facing this issue from last 1 and half year. I followed almost every possible step to stop windows from installing an older version.I tried to make settings in device installation settings checking that option to 'NO', Whenever I resets my...
  5. Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver

Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver: Hello team Microsoft,I have been facing this issue from last 1 and half year. I followed almost every possible step to stop windows from installing an older version.I tried to make settings in device installation settings checking that option to 'NO', Whenever I resets my...
  6. Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070002 even after manual installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070002 even after manual installing: I am unable to update windows either online or offline, starting with the cumulative update KB5013942.I have tried everything that I could find check date and time, microsoft troubleshoot, restart windows update service, delete softwaredistribution download folder, modify...
  7. Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070002 even after manual installing

Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070002 even after manual installing: I am unable to update windows either online or offline, starting with the cumulative update KB5013942.I have tried everything that I could find check date and time, microsoft troubleshoot, restart windows update service, delete softwaredistribution download folder, modify...
  8. Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070002 even after manual installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows keeps installing old AMD drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows keeps installing old AMD drivers: [ATTACH]Computers use microprocessors which in turn use drivers to facilitate communication between software and hardware. The two main companies manufacturing processors for computers are Intel and AMD. The drivers are of the same brand. Users of systems with AMD drivers...
  10. Windows installing old drivers after I install a new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows installing old drivers after I install a new one: I just used https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10 to update my graphics driver to 24.20.100.6286. Windows Update then proceeded to install 23.20.16.5017. What should I do?...