Windows 10: Windows Updates not being delivered over LAN

Discus and support Windows Updates not being delivered over LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My main PC is up to date but I have two other PCs to update to the Windows anniversary edition, so I proceeded to do so using Windows Update. However I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yogalD, Aug 4, 2016.

1. yogalD Win User

Windows Updates not being delivered over LAN

My main PC is up to date but I have two other PCs to update to the Windows anniversary edition, so I proceeded to do so using Windows Update. However I realised that the un-updated PC was downloading the update from the internet, even though both computers are set to transfer updates over the network. Both computers are connected to a router with gigabit ethernet so it should be much faster than downloading over the internet but that isn't happening.
    Please help, I don't want to have to redownload the anniversary update twice more, especially since I have Australian internet.

:)

yogalD, Aug 4, 2016

2. Today is supposed to be updated Mango

The delivery of the Mango update will be randomly applied to user phones over the next several weeks. According to the schedule (found here for
    US and found here for International), the update is being scheduled. When the update starts being delivered to phones it won't happen on every
    phone at the same time, but will be delivered gradually or in batches over the next several weeks.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Texts not being delivered, calls not going through..HELP

I am having this issue also and it's driving me crazy. I've tried every combination of every setting trying to find a cause for this but it just seems totally random. I have a friend who also has a 920 who is having the same problems (we are with different
    carriers so it's not carrier dependant).

I'm starting to regret moving from the 900 to the 920.

If anyone has any ideas please send them through.

Thanks.

rubberbudgie---01, Aug 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You raise a good question. I do not know how the windows update works via other networked PCs and I have the same situation in my home. As far as I know all the PC's individually download the updates as required. Maybe this is a feature that W10 has not fully implemented yet. It is also possible that I would never know when it is happening as I do not turn off internet access or track data usage.

philc43, Aug 4, 2016
  5. yogalD Win User
    Seems a bit strange considering how at one point everyone was complaining that it was terrible and telling everyone how to disable it

yogalD, Aug 4, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can look in the Windows ~BT hidden folder (you have to check the box to view hidden files/folders in explorer) for the install.esd file which should be in the sources folder if the update is still on the computer that has already updated. Then do ESD to ISO:
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

Save the ISO file to a network location and then you can mount it on the computers that have not been upgraded and start the upgrade locally by running setup.exe inside the mounted ISO file.

I have never noticed the upgrade from other PCs on the network working in Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Updates not being delivered over LAN - Similar Threads - Updates being delivered

2. Windows 11 deployment over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 deployment over LAN: We've been working on a deployment system exclusively for Win11 that cannot run on our main network. We are attempting to use a LAN network with the following connected through a switch. The LAN has the following:Server with Windows Server 2016Client computerOver the last few...
  3. Windows 11 deployment over LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 deployment over LAN: We've been working on a deployment system exclusively for Win11 that cannot run on our main network. We are attempting to use a LAN network with the following connected through a switch. The LAN has the following:Server with Windows Server 2016Client computerOver the last few...
  4. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable and connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for my...
  5. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable but I connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for...
  6. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable but I connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for...
  7. Sharing USB port over LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing USB port over LAN: In our medical organization we bought these graphical tablets for our doctors. They will be used to sign documents of our patients. One tablet for each cabinet. Problem is, there are 2 PCs. We connect the tablet to one PC and would like other PC to have access to it as well....
  8. File sharing over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  9. Priorotizing LAN over WiFi Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Priorotizing LAN over WiFi Windows 10: Windows 10 May upgrade to W10 home changed my LAN priority to WiFi. Need to change back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/priorotizing-lan-over-wifi-windows-10/c611e21b-0fd4-41c3-b6ba-9d185e4b4576
  10. Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folder Custom Icon over LAN: Hi, I've got a folder with a few sub-folders. Each subfolder I have created a custom icon for. The folder is Shared on my LAN. When i access the folder from another computer, by default, it seems to load the default folder icon, not the custom icon I've set it to. Is...