Windows 10: Windows Updates not getting applied

Discus and support Windows Updates not getting applied in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All I have a friends computer - hard disk is running 99 - 100% utilization all the time.... Everything you do on it is painful. I booted into Safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bz6djs, Mar 22, 2016.

1. bz6djs Win User

Windows Updates not getting applied

Hi All I have a friends computer - hard disk is running 99 - 100% utilization all the time.... Everything you do on it is painful. I booted into Safe Mode and same issue. So, started by applying all of the firmware updates from his vendor (ACER)... then updated Windows .... here is my issue - when I got into look at the Settings - Update it tells me release 1511 is there ... but I get no link to download it or run it. So I pulled down what I thought was the update from the MS Catalog copied it to his machine and it says that it is not compatible with his machine. He has Win 10 home 64 bit... upgraded from Win 7. My thought is he brought the hard drive issue through the upgrade somehow... after the firmware it now runs 80% of the time so slightly better ... but wanted to get the latest version of Windows on too. It is possible that what I pulled from the catalog is an update to 1511 .... but the update page says its there waiting. Can someone tell me how to get it and install it?

:)

bz6djs, Mar 22, 2016
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

Email Subfolders with rules applied not getting notified

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to do this.

TomBrad95, Mar 22, 2016
  3. AjithU Win User
    Email Subfolders with rules applied not getting notified

Do you have any plans to fix this issue? If so, do you have an idea on when this fix will be available?

Is this fixed in Windows 10 Technical Preview?

AjithU, Mar 22, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi bz6djs and welcome to Tenforums.

You could download the ISO from clean boot state and see how it's running.

simrick, Mar 22, 2016
  5. hi, this has happened to me too *Sad

LightspeeD, Mar 22, 2016
  6. bz6djs Win User
    The site is in German, I have tried both English and English international and get the following back:
    Die Links sind nach der Erstellung 24 Stunden lang gültig.
    Ablauf der Links: 3/24/2016 12:55:19 PM UTC

My German is not great but it looks like it is saying come back in 24 hours? .... While waiting I will be removing anything un-necessary

bz6djs, Mar 22, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Not sure why you're getting German, but those links are created for you and will expire in 24 hrs.

Code: Microsoft - Official Home Pageen-us/software-download/techbench[/quote] EDIT: I apologise - it appears I did that to you - please use the link above for English site. *Redface

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Updates not getting applied - Similar Threads - Updates getting applied

2. Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch: Microsoft SQL Server Obsolete Version: Authenticated vulnerability after the patching. the registry value wasn't changing after applying the MS Patch which is why it was still reflecting in the vulnerability but it should have been when the patch got applied....
  3. Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry value is not getting updated for the applied patch: Microsoft SQL Server Obsolete Version: Authenticated vulnerability after the patching. the registry value wasn't changing after applying the MS Patch which is why it was still reflecting in the vulnerability but it should have been when the patch got applied....
  4. Windows update will not apply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update will not apply: I have a Windows 7 Pro that will not apply the following updates:Kb4516065 Kb4474419Kb4524752Kb4535102We are trying to catch up on some missed updates. The listed updates will not apply for some reason. The updates download and install just fine initially. After the reboot we...
  5. Windows update will not apply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update will not apply: I have a Windows 7 Pro that will not apply the following updates:Kb4516065 Kb4474419Kb4524752Kb4535102We are trying to catch up on some missed updates. The listed updates will not apply for some reason. The updates download and install just fine initially. After the reboot we...
  6. Getting error 0x800f081f when trying to apply update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting error 0x800f081f when trying to apply update: On the weekends I mark it a point to check updates for my Surface Go 3 I think. So, it's running Windows 10 Home in S mode. Twice today an update has failed the with error of 0x800f081f. The update that is failing is KB5005033. I just looked at the update log and see if it's...
  7. Windows update will not actually apply?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update will not actually apply?: I've been trying to run updates to v2004 on our network and some machines will go through the motions and actually show as complete and successful, but the update actually isn't applied. It's still on 1909. It's attempted over and over to no avail and I can not figure out...
  8. Windows Update not able to apply new updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update not able to apply new updates: My system is no longer applying Windows Updates since July of 2020. I've tried running the Windows Update Assistant but it got stuck at 99% for more than a day. After attempting the suggested fix of copying the "media" folder to desktop, restarting, and running the...
  9. How apply for update?

How apply for update?: Dear Sir/Madam: I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for update, but another seldom has opportunity to update. For instance, now one was urged to update to 1809 many times, but another did not. How can ourselfs apply for updating...
  10. Trying to apply windows 10 updates

Trying to apply windows 10 updates: When Win 10 tries to install the Feature update to ver. 1709 it downloads the update just fine. During the install it gets to 53% and stays there. I have let it stay there 24hrs. I have run chkdsk /r /f In powershell As Administrator I ran: if...