Windows 10: Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?

Discus and support Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I was running Win10 version 1703, when Windows Updates required a restart, I was also able to select Update and Restart or Update and Shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?

When I was running Win10 version 1703, when Windows Updates required a restart, I was also able to select Update and Restart or Update and Shutdown from the Start >>Power button. But I do not see this anymore in 1709.
    Has MS removed this option by default? So basically, I need to restart it from the Settings >> Windows Updates control panel..This is no good, because I keep the Windows Updates control panel hidden or closed. If there is no option to have it back by default, then I can perhaps enable this feature in Group Policy. But as I recall, those options were there in the Power Button.

Now, I don't know if this has something to do with this, but I have Power Sleep Options on Battery/Plugged-in DISABLED in Group Policy. But I doubt it, it should still show the restart options menu in Power Button after Windows Updates are done updating.

:)

win10freak, Dec 13, 2017

2. Computer wont start

My daughter just did the windows 10 update. She is now with a black screen and a flashing power button. Held power down to turn off and then restart and only get flashing power button when trying to restart. Removed battery, restart and only get flashing
    power button-nothing on screen, no way to access boot options, etc. She had 8.1.

RhondaDryer, Dec 13, 2017
  3. EricBall Win User
    Windows 10 failed, 8.1 Pro won't work - "Failure configuring Windows update" looping

Vanessa (and Giridhar J),

Just returned and did exactly as you suggested - removed charger, removed battery, pressed and held pressed power button for 30 seconds, replaced battery and charger and restarted computer.

Booted to Windows 8.0 start screen and then entered password. Windows booted fine and appears to be working correctly.

When I then go to power options I get the options - Sleep, Shut Down and Update and Restart. This is where I'm afraid that if I choose to Update and Restart I'll be back in the same position as before!

What to do?

EricBall, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?

Just click Start > Power > Restart. It will do the updates then restart.

alphanumeric, Dec 13, 2017
  5. I know, but it also had an option to update and shutdown.

I always keep my pc shutdown when finished with my work.

win10freak, Dec 13, 2017
  6. Same deal, if you click shutdown it will do the update then shut down. It's happened to me a few times. I didn't know an update was pending until I shut down. Then I saw the message that it was updating. I just turn my monitors off and let it do its thing. When I check latter on its off.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?

1. Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709? - Similar Threads - Updates Restart Options

2. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    don't have power button option: so i just update my laptop and after that everytime i open the lid it always turn on, so i decided to change it and i go to the power option and open power buttons and lid and turns out i don't have the power button action i only have lid open action, what should i do??...
  3. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    don't have power button option: so i just update my laptop and after that everytime i open the lid it always turn on, so i decided to change it and i go to the power option and open power buttons and lid and turns out i don't have the power button action i only have lid open action, what should i do??...
  4. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Power Button Options aren't available.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Button Options aren't available.: Hi, So I suddenly stopped getting options like restart, shut down and sleep when I click on the power button. It says "There are currently no power options available". Can someone please help me out? I have already updated all the pending hardware/driver updates....
  6. power button options

power button options: Under Power Options>Choose what the power button does>Power button and lid settings>'WHEN I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON DOES NOT WORK' On my Lenovo laptop, How to fix this problem?...
  7. There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button

There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button: Piease help about my problem. I can,t restart option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-availeable-on/423dd72d-b047-4687-b625-99b615580ceb
  8. Looking and not finding power button options

Looking and not finding power button options: I have some annoying shutdown problems, one of which is the occasional presence of 'GDI+ Window' that blocks shutdown. (another is the Chinese-like text that blocks as well but that is Rapport and in the hands of IBM, as I understand it). I found out about 'hybrid...
  9. Add or Remove Sleep button action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sleep button action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Sleep button action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Sleep button action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the system hardware sleep button (if available) on the...
  10. Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Power button action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the system hardware power button on the PC is pressed....