Windows 10: Windows upgrade assistant already running

Discus and support Windows upgrade assistant already running in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade to the Anniversary version of windows 10 and I keep getting the message "Windows upgrade assistant already running. But I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roger2362, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Roger2362 Win User

Windows upgrade assistant already running

I'm trying to upgrade to the Anniversary version of windows 10 and I keep getting the message "Windows upgrade assistant already running. But I don't see it running anywhere.

Help!

:)

Roger2362, Sep 13, 2016
  2. nakita62 Win User

windows 10 upgrade assistant

Hi,

My computer already came with windows 10 as the program running on it. So since I already had windows 10 on my computer and was using it should I not have downloaded the windows 10 upgrade assistant and if I shouldn't have downloaded it how do I delete
    it. also if i delete windows 10 upgrade assistant will it affect my already installed and running windows10?

nakita62, Sep 13, 2016
  3. I have had the Windows Upgrade Assistant running for over 8 hours now

If the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant becomes stuck or unresponsive at various percentages: 0%, 32%, 62%, 87%, 99%, please wait at least 4 to 7 hours. If setup does not progress, close the wizard then restart your computer. Follow the instructions to upgrade
    manually using the Media Creation Tool or the Windows 10 ISO file.

How to download official
    Windows 10 ISO files

How to: upgrade
    from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Contact Chat support after the Windows 10 installation is complete, if setup did not not complete on time. Click Start > All Apps > Contact Support. Explain your situation to the chat agent.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 13, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Have you tried restarting your machine? Do you still get the error message after a reboot? This should kill any remnant or odd process leftovers. Sorry for your trouble.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows upgrade assistant already running - Similar Threads - upgrade assistant already

2. Fix Windows 10 Update Assistant is already running error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Update Assistant is already running error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Update Assistant upgrades the operating system by making sure they have the […] This article Fix Windows 10 Update Assistant is already running error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Feature upgrades using Upgrade Assistant?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature upgrades using Upgrade Assistant?: Next time if I need to upgrade to the next Windows 10 feature upgrade using Upgrade Assistant and selecting the option to remove all my personal files and settings, will this option also remove all my Group Policy settings? Or is this option for only personal customizations...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: Hello. I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. It have been downloaded like three times now, in any time I can downloaded all. This last time it still running and is stuck in 99% for the third day now. I NEED to get the...
  5. windows 10 upgrade assistant

windows 10 upgrade assistant: why does windows 10 upgrade assistant lock up my computer? it seems the only way to get my computer running again is to switch off power supply, sometimes have to even remove battery and then replace it....
  6. Windows 10 update assistant is running.

Windows 10 update assistant is running.: In my windows 10 laptop i unable to stop Windows 10 update assistant from running. I've already uninstalled window 10 update assistant app from control panel about three time and also deleted windows 10 upgrade assistant folder from my c drive. But every time i wake up my...
  7. problem with upgrade assistant

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem with upgrade assistant: Just a simple question. I would not mind updating but that particular Windows installation started as a Windows-to-go installation on a USB hard disk. I wanted to have a "live Windows installation" (as opposed to a live CD) with many tools for service. I then decided the disk...
  8. ten upgrade assistance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ten upgrade assistance: Does my Ten need to have Upgrade Assistance after update was installed? 80802
  9. Deleted Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Deleted Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: After using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant in the distant past I just recently deleted that file. Was that a mistake? 93682
  10. windows 10 upgrade assistant.

windows 10 upgrade assistant.: Is there need to keep the windows 10 upgrade assistant? Can one now delete it? Had a rather large upgrade yesterday winver >>>>1607 14393 187 Many thanks once again. 63763