Windows 10: Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine

Discus and support Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have used VMware in the past with limited success though I suspect the hardware limitations had something to do with it. The leaning curve was modest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by phaedruspress, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine

I have used VMware in the past with limited success though I suspect the hardware limitations had something to do with it. The leaning curve was modest if not at times tedious to confusing at times and I am not particularly looking forward to that again. What can you all tell me about using the built in Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machines? My new machine supports Hyper-V. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Jun 19, 2018

2. Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 20, 2018
  4. SarahKong Win User

Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine

SarahKong, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine

1. Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - Virtual Machine Hyper

2. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine: hello, i am configuring a windows xp virtual machine for the purpose of a research, but there is no internet I don't understand much about hyper-v, here are some screenshots. the message I get is: This connection has limited or no connectivity appears. appreciatein portuguese...
  3. How to install VMWare ESXi in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 News
    How to install VMWare ESXi in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine: [ATTACH]VMware ESXi is an enterprise-class, type-1 hypervisor developed by VMware for deploying and serving virtual computers by integrating vital OS components, such as a kernel; since as a type-1 hypervisor, ESXi is not a software application that can be installed on an OS....
  4. Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!: [ATTACH]If you have installed Windows 11 in Hyper-V, but the virtual machine is very slow to start, here are some tweaks that might speed it up. Although several things are responsible for this slowness, these common changes might be handy for you. Whether you have installed...
  5. Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi all, I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It's configured to use Hyper-V's "Default Switch" network adapter, but for some reason, the VM doesn't seem to get internet access. My computer is connected to the Internet (both through Wi-Fi and Ethernet). I've...
  6. Hyper V- Virtual Machine Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper V- Virtual Machine Error: While starting the Vistual Machine i am facing the below error shown in Event Viewer. Plz Help me out to resolve this problem. License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x8007232B Command-line arguments:...
  7. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine: Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education....
  8. Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines: How to: Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines Running Windows on a virtual machine can naturally never be as fast as same version of Windows on same computer running on physical hardware. However, by tweaking virtual machine settings, you can greatly impact the speed and...
  9. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  10. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...