Windows 10: Windows VPN

Discus and support Windows VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am running a VPN server on my old windows XP machine so that a few others can securely get into my network. Connecting to the server locally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by russtech155, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Windows VPN

Hi,

I am running a VPN server on my old windows XP machine so that a few others can securely get into my network. Connecting to the server locally works perfectly and there are no issues however when I try and access it from the internet even after port forwarding 1723 I still cannot get access.. I have attached a screenshot of the error i get if someone is able to assist me with fixing this issue..

Thanks

:)

russtech155, Apr 3, 2016

2. VPN connection issue

I know that creating VPN Connection is easy todo but still we have issue with this.

1 we create a vpn Connection in some computers the created vpn doent show up.

2we create vpn but when userr clic on the vpn Connection it goes to the create vpn conection window.

3we create vpn user click on vpn Icon nothing happens.

ManoloCuellar, Apr 3, 2016
  3. ANtMAn1 Win User
    Windows Mobile VPN compatibility

Hi

I was wondering if the windows mobile VPN client is compatible with any other VPN servers asider from Microsofts VPN server?

Also will the WM VPN client work with an ISA VPN?

Thanks

Ant

ANtMAn1, Apr 3, 2016
  4. telepro21 Win User

Windows VPN

telepro21, Apr 4, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Not really enough detail here
    I assume that the Port is OPEN also from the REMOTE machines. Some Internet providers now block almost all ports so you might need to "Get around" by using standard Open ports - usually 80 / 8080 that have to be open for web access.

Perhaps using something like Putty would work better. This would then Tunnel using standard Ports which are usually open anywhere.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

Need more info on your set up

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows VPN

1. Windows VPN - Similar Threads - VPN

2. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  3. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  4. Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN: Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-screenshot-not-taking-screenshots-while/d9b98a61-a037-4c8f-88a8-06a60c8ccc75
  5. Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN

Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN: Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-screenshot-not-taking-screenshots-while/d9b98a61-a037-4c8f-88a8-06a60c8ccc75
  6. Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct: I have been trying to get windows vpn working. It reports incorrect password. I’ve looked for days trying everything but no luck. Why won’t it take my Microsoft credentials?...
  7. Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct

Windows VPN says incorrect password nit it’s correct: I have been trying to get windows vpn working. It reports incorrect password. I’ve looked for days trying everything but no luck. Why won’t it take my Microsoft credentials?...
  8. Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.: I am trying to access work on Appen and other sites and cannot as I am blocked because of a VPN I do not have.I have tried everything I have read online to find, detect or remove any possibility of there being one, but this is still happening....
  9. Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.

Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.: I am trying to access work on Appen and other sites and cannot as I am blocked because of a VPN I do not have.I have tried everything I have read online to find, detect or remove any possibility of there being one, but this is still happening....
  10. Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing