Windows 10: Windows VPN

Discus and support Windows VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am running a VPN server on my old windows XP machine so that a few others can securely get into my network. Connecting to the server locally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by russtech155, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Windows VPN

Hi,

I am running a VPN server on my old windows XP machine so that a few others can securely get into my network. Connecting to the server locally works perfectly and there are no issues however when I try and access it from the internet even after port forwarding 1723 I still cannot get access.. I have attached a screenshot of the error i get if someone is able to assist me with fixing this issue..

Thanks

:)

russtech155, Apr 3, 2016

2. VPN connection issue

I know that creating VPN Connection is easy todo but still we have issue with this.

1 we create a vpn Connection in some computers the created vpn doent show up.

2we create vpn but when userr clic on the vpn Connection it goes to the create vpn conection window.

3we create vpn user click on vpn Icon nothing happens.

ManoloCuellar, Apr 3, 2016
  3. ANtMAn1 Win User
    Windows Mobile VPN compatibility

Hi

I was wondering if the windows mobile VPN client is compatible with any other VPN servers asider from Microsofts VPN server?

Also will the WM VPN client work with an ISA VPN?

Thanks

Ant

ANtMAn1, Apr 3, 2016
  4. telepro21 Win User

Windows VPN

telepro21, Apr 4, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Not really enough detail here
    I assume that the Port is OPEN also from the REMOTE machines. Some Internet providers now block almost all ports so you might need to "Get around" by using standard Open ports - usually 80 / 8080 that have to be open for web access.

Perhaps using something like Putty would work better. This would then Tunnel using standard Ports which are usually open anywhere.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

Need more info on your set up

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows VPN

1. Windows VPN - Similar Threads - VPN

2. Always On VPN connects even when connected to the trusted domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always On VPN connects even when connected to the trusted domain: I have configured and implemented Always On VPN and it works great. The only issue is many clients are connecting even when on the trusted domain, almost as if it isn't detecting it. I have seen this on different versions of Windows 10, from 1803 to 1903 and on at least 2...
  3. VPN help??

VPN help??: I can't seem to get my VPN set up, any advice? I have no problem on my iPhone or iPad. Can someone help for the PC? Thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-help/7c8c8495-a4da-4dcd-89ae-fedecd96f481
  4. No internet connection after disabling vpn.

No internet connection after disabling vpn.: why can't I connect to internet after disabling ipvanish (vpn). I enable vpn and I can browse, but when disabled the internet will not connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-after-disabling-vpn/6f20375e-6cfd-4d3e-ba5c-c8eee0f5d89e
  5. Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN

Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN: Hey all, I have a client who has three homes connected to each other with a site-to-site VPN. He can be at Home A and access any IP at Home B and Home C. He has a large music folder and would like to have that folder sync to the folders at his other two homes. For example,...
  6. Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN

in Windows 10 Support
    Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN: Hey all, I have a client who has three homes connected to each other with a site-to-site VPN. He can be at Home A and access any IP at Home B and Home C. He has a large music folder and would like to have that folder sync to the folders at his other two homes. For example,...
  7. After installing a VPN with a Kill Switch - I can only get internet through safe mode!...

After installing a VPN with a Kill Switch - I can only get internet through safe mode!...: The VPN I have uninstalled - in the firewall log it shows it's blocking svchost.exe - I tried adding this .exe to the firewall rules but it still manages to block it. Also peculiar is that I cannot access administrators rights unless the "Local Area Connection" is unplugged...
  8. Problems with download and VPN connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with download and VPN connection: Hi.Today I discovered weird thing, which never occurred before.2-3 weeks before everything was fine. So I'm trying to download patch for a game from https://pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/ . But for some reason, download starts and ends after 2.4-2.8mb. On my phone, in the same...
  9. VPN Updates?

VPN Updates?: Why does my Win10 Settings>Internet>Data usage list 166 MB for VpnUpdate when I don't have one? It pushes AVAST but I've never subscribed to it or any other VPN. Thank you in advance....
  10. SSTP vpn protocol

SSTP vpn protocol: to create a vpn on win 10, should we use the sstp protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sstp-vpn-protocol/a28e35f0-2498-40ce-974e-e7e3989f127c