Windows 10: Windows wakes to Movies & TV app.

Discus and support Windows wakes to Movies & TV app. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 14965 32 bit Peculiar thing. After putting the system to sleep, when waking I find the Movies & TV app running. I do use the app for downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Nov 30, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Windows wakes to Movies & TV app.

14965 32 bit
    Peculiar thing. After putting the system to sleep, when waking I find the Movies & TV app running. I do use the app for downloaded YouTube videos but it is not set to auto start. Not doing a lot of harm but what's going on? And how do I prevent it?

:)

tcebob, Nov 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 Movies & TV slow motion playback after sleep mode

Windows 10 Movies & TV app . Each time PC wakes from sleep mode , Videos playback in slow motion . Restart PC to resolve until PC enters sleep mode & wakes again . Any solutions for a permanent fix to avoid restarting always ?

LanceHaefliger, Nov 30, 2016
  3. How to reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

Thought my Win10 upgrade from Win8.1 had gone without a hitch. However, today had a problem when trying to use Windows Movie & TV. When the Windows Movies & TV app icon is tapped, it just goes away without activating the program. On the Apps & features
    drop down menu, Movies & TV is listed, but the move and uninstall boxes are grayed out.

How do I reinstall Windows Movie & TV in Win10?

wifiwanderer, Nov 30, 2016
  4. tcebob Win User

OK, i "fixed" it by uninstalling Movies & TV. Still, if you have any info on why it would do this I'd really like to know.

tcebob, Dec 1, 2016
  5. pepanee Win User
    "Windows wakes to Movies & TV app"

...because media starts playing and computers now-a-days are like humans; they get interest of wanting to watch the movies and television. Computer gets bored of sleeping and wants to wake up for some entertainment

pepanee, Dec 2, 2016
  6. mcwoolley Win User
    Don't really know where to post this and landed here so sorry if wrong.
    I am streaming kodi to tv through linux 7 with windows 10 ,I have tried all the settings I can find but I always have 2 thick black bands down the sides of my picture on tv though full screen on tablet.Help please,cheers.

mcwoolley, Dec 2, 2016
  7. tcebob Win User
    I'm aware of the psychic unrest of my computer and how it yearns for diversion. However it's efforts are futile; the Movies & TV app appears but with no content. But you shed light on a common complaint: computer waking from sleep with no apparent cause. Evidently the old box doesn't sleep well. Perhaps it has bad dreams. Or a lumpy mattress.

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows wakes to Movies & TV app. - Similar Threads - wakes Movies app

2. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  3. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  4. Movies And TV App

Movies And TV App: Hello! My name is ShamefulHarp590, And i came to ask how my Movies & TV App is white themed, Unlike all other windows 10 users? My windows 10 version is 1511. My Movies & TV App also does not have the future to get subtitles, Is it my windows 10 version, Or is it the app?...
  5. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  6. movie & tv app

movie & tv app: I keep trying to download the movies I buy off google play and the app but I cant downloD IT TO MY PC WHATS THE DEAL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-tv-app/c7ddd054-1985-4abd-bad8-618927d95c36
  7. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  8. Windows Movies & TV app

Windows Movies & TV app: In the Windows Movies & TV app is there any way to view a list of "Recently Watched" Movies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-movies-tv-app/a0d8f0a5-d9b8-4a8c-9180-1647f6961865
  9. Movies & TV App

Movies & TV App: Every video now defaults to the windows movie and tv app. I want to select where I want the videos to go so I can email videos and post them on social media. I have tried to delete the app with no success. Any suggestions? I did not change my settings for videos to default...
  10. Movies and TV app

Movies and TV app: A video I created on another program got moved to Movies and TV and I can't get it back to my desktop to edit it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/movies-and-tv-app/fc1e5870-c8b9-4908-be76-d0789d732ebd