Windows 10: Windows Warning Error tab

Discus and support Windows Warning Error tab in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I clicked on a sponsored link from Facebook, and the page ended up being a "Windows Warning Error". I didn't go to the tab right away, I was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Smiley1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Smiley1 Win User

Windows Warning Error tab

Hello,

I clicked on a sponsored link from Facebook, and the page ended up being a "Windows Warning Error". I didn't go to the tab right away, I was looking at something else on Facebook and then I saw what was supposed to be a cute puppy video and instead the tab said Windows Warning Error. I clicked on the tab, and the audio started about this being an error warning from my Windows computer. I closed the tab right away. This was with the Chrome browser.

I cleared today's browser cache in Chrome. I scanned with Hitman Pro and it just found tracking cookies, which I removed. I scanned with Malwarebytes and it didn't find anything. I scanned with Windows Defender, it didn't find anything. I restarted the laptop. Everything appears to be fine. All browsers (Opera, Firefox, and Edge) are behaving properly. I have deleted the links (there were two listed in the history) from Chrome's history.

Even Virustotal doesn't show any issues with either of the urls that were listed in Chrome's history settings, but I know it was bad.

Is there anything else I need to do?

:)

Smiley1, Jul 7, 2017

2. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Unfortunately, I installed Windows Security Update KB3116900 on 12/18/15. Now, if I close IE11, all tabs are automatically closed without warning even though my IE settings are set to show the warning. Warning is not shown even after changing settings
    and restarting my browser and Windows 10. So, it seems that Update KB3116900 has disabled the tabs warning.

uthorns1976, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 keeps closing Internet explorer, mail and Word

Every time I open internet explorer, mail or word they are being closed down. Without warning or any error messages.

I'm having to open explorer with at least two tabs so I get the 'Do you want to close all tabs' warning box otherwise it just closes it down. Mail just closes without warning and word is the same! It is very frustrating as I am in the middle of my degree
    and reply on my laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 13

Please help

KayleighWaiting, Jul 7, 2017
  4. Porthos Win User

Dont click on these.

Porthos, Jul 7, 2017
  5. Smiley1 Win User
    Thank you for your responses. *Smile

It wasn't an ad on the right side of the page, it was a "sponsored" item within the newsfeed. I usually don't make a habit of clicking on those, but once in a while there is something interesting there. They usually lead to articles or other facebook pages I might find interesting. The ads for buying stuff are on the right side of the page, and I don't click on those.

Since the horse has already left the barn, my question was more about whether or not I have done all that needs to be done to make sure that nothing nasty made its way into my computer. *Smile

Smiley1, Jul 7, 2017
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    It wouldn't hurt to run a scan with a couple malware scanners just to be sure nothing got in or is left over. You've already done scan with MBAM so that's good, but nothing get everything 100% of the time.

AdwCleaner Download

Junkware Removal Tool Download

Borg 386, Jul 8, 2017
  7. simrick Win User

Agree with Borg. That should do it.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Warning Error tab - Similar Threads - Warning Error tab

2. DistributedCOM 10016 Warning/Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DistributedCOM 10016 Warning/Error: Hi, I'm getting this error and my computer starts to glitch out Keyboard/Headset/Mouse stop working/Then work again . Please help me. Thanks. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  3. DistributedCOM 10016 Warning/Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DistributedCOM 10016 Warning/Error: Hi, I'm getting this error and my computer starts to glitch out Keyboard/Headset/Mouse stop working/Then work again . Please help me. Thanks. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  4. Hardware Error Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Error Warning: Running my Reliability Monitor, this has come up several times over the last couple of weeks. I was having a problem with my touchpad quitting on me periodically but, after moving some files around and freeing up some disk space, it has worked fine don't know if that's a...
  5. Hardware Error Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Error Warning: Running my Reliability Monitor, this has come up several times over the last couple of weeks. I was having a problem with my touchpad quitting on me periodically but, after moving some files around and freeing up some disk space, it has worked fine don't know if that's a...
  6. Critical errors & warnings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Critical errors & warnings: I have W10. I recently found out that windows defender does not have a firewall for the internet. My system is full of errors and warnings. How do I remove them? Do I need software that will give me a firewall for the internet? Can I get it through MS?...
  7. WinXP error and warning icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinXP error and warning icons: Does anyone have the windows xp error and warning icon that is a png file? i cant seem to find them, if you is do it would be a great help! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winxp-error-and-warning-icons/4811e2d2-8507-4478-8463-1285a2c19cbc"
  8. Windows Warning Alert Tab

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Warning Alert Tab: So i was online downloading minecraft maps on MCDL and suuddenly i’m directed to a new tab linked to (don’t go there) https://garyeastzonechecker.site/kwip/actieedn/897AGSas6A58S7ias9AUSVGjahfst-asdbiaditad5a6s7dadsashgd-asdbad9udyas8dya8sdyasdua-asdas9dyas87dasdasidgsa/# and...
  9. Errors and warnings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors and warnings: Why am I getting errors for Distributed COM and warnings for Certificate Service Client? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errors-and-warnings/afb7892a-3358-4226-a22f-f226f91a1efa
  10. Disc error warning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disc error warning: I get an error about disc space every few mins, and downloaded the below help, but it does not appear to work. Anyone have a simpler version please Low Disk Space error due to a full Temp folder If you used Disk Cleanup to free up space on your device and then see a...