Windows 10: Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.

Discus and support Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear all, I have three user accounts (one admin and two normal) on my system (Windows 10 pro 64, 1709). I am using two of them regularly. For the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cwannaz, Dec 13, 2017.

1. cwannaz Win User

Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.

Dear all,

I have three user accounts (one admin and two normal) on my system (Windows 10 pro 64, 1709). I am using two of them regularly. For the past months, I have been running into messages saying that another user is logged in when I try to restart or shutdown, even when I had not logged in with another account. It is not that I forgot a few times that I had logged in; it really happens almost every day or every other day.

When it happens, if I look at the list of users through the start menu (the small menu for switching user), I sometimes see the other user account with the "Signed in" status.

I reinstalled the system once (for another reason), changed the passwords a couple of times, but it goes on. I am not using this machine in a risky environment, and I don't have any special/risky software installed (BitDefender, MS Office, Visual Studio, Hyper-V, MATLAB, ArcGIS, and a bunch of other things for scientific computing e.g. Anaconda).

Does anybody know what is happening and/or how I can see what process/service/other is login in?

Thank you and best regards,
    Cedric

:)

cwannaz, Dec 13, 2017

2. When a user logs in, other users are also logged in

Hello,

When a user logs in at my machine on Windows 10, other users also get logged in, while the computer just booted. I noticed this when I tried to shutdown the computer and it warned me that other users are also logged on.

What can I do to stop this from happening?

Regards,

Stefan

Stefan Heesakkers, Dec 13, 2017
  3. Win 10 log in screen does say which users are logged in

On shutdown a warning tells me other users are logged in but doesn't say who. If I log out to the Win 10 user list it doesn't say which user is logged in. Windows 7 did. How do I find out which user is logged in?

KevinRinger, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 13, 2017
  5. cwannaz Win User
    Thank you Eagle51, this is exactly it! +1

cwannaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown. - Similar Threads - warns another user

2. Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.: I have a Windows 11 Enterprise. No Local Active directory. All computers are joined Azure AD and Endpoint Manager.When User A is logged into the PC. No other user can login. It just says "The username or password is incorrect. Try Again." My first thoughts.But if I login to...
  3. Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.: I have a Windows 11 Enterprise. No Local Active directory. All computers are joined Azure AD and Endpoint Manager.When User A is logged into the PC. No other user can login. It just says "The username or password is incorrect. Try Again." My first thoughts.But if I login to...
  4. windows 11 Shutdown, but user stays logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Shutdown, but user stays logged in: I share My computer with other family members. and i've noticed that when they restart or shutdown down the computer before i go to get on it or vis versa... that the previous users Remains logged in.. I have fast boot turned off for both users. Is there something in the...
  5. windows 11 Shutdown, but user stays logged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 Shutdown, but user stays logged in: I share My computer with other family members. and i've noticed that when they restart or shutdown down the computer before i go to get on it or vis versa... that the previous users Remains logged in.. I have fast boot turned off for both users. Is there something in the...
  6. Alternative way to log on as another user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Alternative way to log on as another user: I have a really ancient laptop maybe 10 years old running windows 10. My wife was using it while her real laptop is in the shop. We're trying to get another week out of it. It was acting really funny, so I did a dskchk on it. It seemed to reset most things. I got a welcome...
  7. Remote desktop Protocol Windows 10: can it warn before logging in if another user is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop Protocol Windows 10: can it warn before logging in if another user is...: In our office, we have multiple users that sometimes use RDP to connect to the same computer. Currently, it just boots the first user off if a second user logs in. Is there a setting that warns if someone is already connected?...
  8. Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.: At work we we have active directory controlling user's logons. I am one of our IT guys. I have a user that when they log in someone else files and data are showing up. It says he is the one logged in but it is the other users data(desktop, shortcuts, everything) any idea on...
  9. Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached: This has been happening since last 24 hours, My toshiba laptops shuts down automatically without showing any warning, the first it happened about 20 minutes after I turned it on , after the shutdown I again hit the power button and it started normally but after 2 minutes it...
  10. Windows keeps logging me in even when I select shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps logging me in even when I select shutdown: Dear members, I've enabled autologin on my system. However since a while, every time I select shutdown, the system justs logs me off and immediately logs back on. When I disable autologon, I get the logon screen. The same happens when I choose the "sleep" option....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown another user is logged in

2. windows warns other user at login