Windows 10: Windows went black and white

Discus and support Windows went black and white in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was using my wife's laptop tonight ... and suddenly the screen went black-and-white. Oh crap! If I can't fix this before she wakes up there will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Windows went black and white

I was using my wife's laptop tonight ... and suddenly the screen went black-and-white.

Oh crap! If I can't fix this before she wakes up there will be a colossal New Year's Eve screaming match!

A quick web search revealed that pressing ctrl-windows-c puts the screen in "filtered" mode, apparently as an assist for for visually impaired people. I must have fat-fingered a ctrl combination accidentally, triggering this mode. Re-tapping ctrl-windows-c fixed it. Full color anew.

Is this "filter" something new in the latest update of Windows 10? I've not seen it before. (Or perhaps it's because none of my previous fat-fingering invoked this peculiar key sequence?)

Anyway, I just thought I'd point it out in case anyone else runs into this.

BTW, we don't need this "feature". I'd like to know whether it can be disabled. I've not yet found a way to do so.

:)

margrave55, Dec 30, 2017

2. screen went black and white

Yes it did. Thank you very much. Just so I know, what did I do to make it BW in the first place?

MarcoLevytsky, Dec 30, 2017
  3. screen went black and white

screen went black and white. How do I correct?

MarcoLevytsky, Dec 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows went black and white

dalchina, Dec 30, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 30, 2017
  6. That's it!
    I simply added this to the Autohotkey script:
    Code: ; DISABLE CTRL-WINDOWS-C (WHICH INVOKES THE "COLOR FILTERS") ^#c:: return[/quote] Thanks.

margrave55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows went black and white

1. Windows went black and white - Similar Threads - went black white

2. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  3. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  4. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen went black

Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  6. Screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  7. Monitors went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors went black: When trying to setup an external steering wheel for a game, I exited the steam software and all of my monitors went black. I still have power to the pc and everything connected to the pc, just the display wont show on my monitors. I tried switching the display cords from the...
  8. My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color.: My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color. so i went to settings>ease of access>and turned off color filter. That didn't work. How can i get my color back?...
  9. Black and white

Black and white: Only black & white on browers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-and-white/faa78e7e-525d-48c8-bdfe-25140399b508
  10. White to Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    White to Black: The "Type here to search" is white. How do I change it to black? I don't want to change Light or Dark in the Settings --> Colors. Thanks, Brandon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-to-black/6db420c9-2030-4a32-a150-1d5a7a84aa90