Windows 10: Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot

Discus and support Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I updated Windows to April 2018 version 1803, an annoying behavior started happening. Whenever Windows start, instead of instantly auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nutter Butter, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot

Since I updated Windows to April 2018 version 1803, an annoying behavior started happening.
    Whenever Windows start, instead of instantly auto connecting to my home wireless network, it takes 65 to 70 seconds to do so. There is no error message, the wifi adapter is instantly operational, wifi networks are instantly discoverable and my wifi network is "connect-able" if I manually click to connect. The only issue I have is that Windows will always auto connect to my home wifi specifically with a delay. If I create hotspots with my mobile devices, I cannot reproduce the problem. Windows will instantly connect to those networks (on system boot) but not to my internet wifi router.

The things I tried are: Uninstalling the wifi adapter. Deleting the network and reconnecting (with auto connect box ticked). Deleting the profile from folder ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles. Prioritizing my wifi network with command "netsh wlan set profileorder name="wifi-name" interface="interface-name" priority=#" and probably other things I can't remember.

I've given up hope that this can be fixed since I tried almost any solution I've found and none worked but I'm posting this here in case other people have the same issue and it catches Microsoft's attention.

:)

Nutter Butter, Jun 14, 2018
  2. darkf0xx Win User

Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

darkf0xx, Jun 14, 2018
  3. PhillOS Win User
    Windows will not auto reconnect to known WiFi on boot

Im pretty tech savy, but this one is boggling my mind.

Wifi dongle I'm using is this a DLink DWA-140
    Router is using WPA2-PSK

• Background info: I connect to the internet through my ISP's supplied router, i've set it up with my own SSID and my own password, it works perfectly fine with my android phone, my GF's iPhone, my tablet, my laptop, her laptop, her iPad.. but not with my PC running windows 10.
    • The problem: When i boot, it doesn't always automatically reconnect to my wifi, despite having it checked as "connect automatically". My wifi dongle can see every other wifi network within 20 miles, EXCEPT my own wifi. Go figure?!
    In order to get it to connect i have to hit "Connect to Hidden network", type in SSID, type in the password, which windows will prompt me is incorrect, hit cancel, wait a second, and BAM it connects to my wifi.

Things I've tried:
    • This solution from this thread
    • Open search, type "services.msc" open services.
    • Scroll down to "wlan auto config" right click, stop the service.
    • Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\ delete everything in this folder leaving only a folder called "profiles" delete everything in the "profiles" folder except for a folder called "interfaces" delete everything in the "interfaces" folder)
    • Restart "wlan auto config" connect to your wireless network, enter your passkey, (ensure the connect automaticly box is checked)
    • Restart your computer job done, your computer will now connect to your wireless network automaticly on boot.>
    failed.

• Hiding my SSID, and un-hiding it in router config, that worked for a couple of weeks, but now the problem is back. Have tried this solution again.
    failed.

• Uninstalled the wifi dongle in device manager.
    failed.

• Running the router as configured by my ISP
    failed.
    What the hell is going on? I could buy a new dongle, but i fear it wont change a thing. Any help/input is greatly appreciated.
    -Phill

PhillOS, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot

No wifi connection in Windows 10 : ACER E13 ES1-311-C4Q6

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delayed response.

We would like to know if the issue is confined to Wired connection, Wireless Connection or Both.

If the issue is confined to only Wireless connection, then I suggest you to refer the steps below to check if the Wireless service is enabled or not.

• Right click on Windows key and choose Run.
    • Type in the command "Services.Msc" and hit OK.
    • Locate "WLAN Auto Config" service and check if the service is started and enabled.
    • Once done. restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot

1. Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot - Similar Threads - auto connect WiFi

2. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  3. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  4. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: My wifi used to connect almost instantly on startup. Recently it has started taking 1 min after startup before it will connect automatically. It can connect instantly manually by either unchecking and checking "connect automatically" or by hitting "connect". It just wont do...
  6. Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute: I cleaned my computer, and after assembly, I turned it on and found there is about a minute that the loading light indicator turns off after the windows icon with black background appears, and then it resumes loading. Because of this it takes more than 1.25 minutes for it to...
  7. Windows 1 minute startup delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1 minute startup delay: Hi there, I initially posted this on the EightForums as this is on a Win8 machine, but got no response because there is little activity there. That should not be an issue though as this is probably not a specific Win8 problem. I'm hoping someone here is willing to guide me...
  8. Wifi Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...
  9. 1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot: I have been trying to resolve this issue for some 18 months. I have a HP Pavilion G6 Notebook AMD Processor, inbuilt Radeon HD 7200 graphics card. The problem is that when booting, after the win 10 logo appears and the circular dots are rotating, the system presents a black...
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delay auto connect wifi