Windows 10: Windows will not detect network when waking from sleep.

Discus and support Windows will not detect network when waking from sleep. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I love it. The only issue is that whenever I wake it up from sleep it will not detect my ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Surgikill, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Surgikill Win User

Windows will not detect network when waking from sleep.

Hi guys. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I love it. The only issue is that whenever I wake it up from sleep it will not detect my ethernet connection. I try unplugging the cable and re-inserting it but to no avail. I also unchecked the box in the power management tab that says "Allow windows to shut off this device to save power". The only thing that fixes it is a restart. How should I go about fixing this?

Thanks!

:)

Surgikill, Aug 23, 2015

2. Whenever I put my laptop to sleep or hibernate and open it back on, the wireless network adapater needs to be reset in order for it to recieve Wi-Fi again

Is not turned off. Whenever the device wakes up from sleep, it can detect networks. When I try to connec to a network, it will state 'Connecting' after awhile, it will state 'Can't connect to this network'. In order for me to have the a bility to connect,
    I need to go and reset the wireless network adapter.

Summary:

The wireless network adapter is not set to turn off after sleep. It is turned on but cannot connect to a network after wake.

OrdinaryGentleman, Aug 23, 2015
  3. No internet connection after wakng up from sleep on Windows 10.

Can someone please help me.

I have a HP PC that is only about two months old, it came with Windows 10. The problem I have is that when the PC wakes from sleep even though the tool bar icon displays there is an internet connection I cannot connect to the internet at all. No browsers
    or online drive connection will work.

After checking the error I get as far as a screen that tells me "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings".

I have looked online and tried lots of resets but nothing seems to help.

I have no problem connecting at other times it is just when my PC wakes from sleep.

Original title: Windows 10 Waking up not connecting to internet

James Beam 1963, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Windows will not detect network when waking from sleep.

Any errors/ warnings in the system event log at the time of wake up?

sciencegeek, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Surgikill Win User
    I got an error that says:

"Miniport Marvell Yukon 88E8057 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller #2, {f1ec84a2-aad1-43c5-8dd5-9fdaa8011737}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to low power"

this makes sense seeing as it has to go to a low power state during sleep.

Surgikill, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Yeah, I get a similar message for my Marvell 350n wireless controller. Only solution for now is an updated driver from Marvell or a patch in Windows 10. Just have to wait.

sciencegeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows will not detect network when waking from sleep.

1. Windows will not detect network when waking from sleep. - Similar Threads - detect network waking

2. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Whenever my computer sleeps it gives me a BSOD with a "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" code Here are my dump files and system info. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApvOHIqH5IbxgYUnOTNC3F5PHkQ3BQ?e=4b60Ob...
  3. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  4. BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation: So for the past few weeks I have been experiencing issues with waking up from either hibernation or sleep mode. Whenever I prompt the laptop to wake up (either WOL, using a usb device, power button) the display either hangs and takes a solid 2 minutes to display the log on...
  5. waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  6. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Hi I have had this problem for some months now. While I can put the computer to sleep, each time I wake it up it causes a BSOD. I have followed many threads about this. some suggesting it is video driver problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia driver but the...
  7. BSOD when waking windows from sleep

BSOD when waking windows from sleep: Hi, a few days ago I updated my 64 bit windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro, and ever since then whenever I put the PC to sleep and try to wake it the PC tries to start but the screen remains black and after a while a BSOD will appear (now with a sad face on it... amusing...)...
  8. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  9. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Greetings forum, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been seeing BSODs about once a month when waking my desktop from sleep. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. I've never encountered this on Windows 8.1. I've attached the zip file as instructed...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...