Windows 10: Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.

Discus and support Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to get my USB headset to work however windows does not seem to detect the microphone. If I speak into the microphone settings the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darkness3827, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.

I've been trying to get my USB headset to work however windows does not seem to detect the microphone. If I speak into the microphone settings the green bars will not light up. However, if I go into settings and turn on the "Listen to this Device" option I can hear my voice perfectly clearly. This happens with any headset I use as well as the computer's own built in microphone. All drivers are up to date and I've tried running the diagnostic wizard and no issues come up. Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be much appreciated.

:)

Darkness3827, Aug 19, 2018

2. Microphone doesn't pick up voice.

Hi Gijuana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    As of now I suggest you t follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run and check hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the step:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.
    • Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.
    • Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator. (Enter credentials if prompted)
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d) You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Method 3: If the issue still persists, then let’s try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Please follow the steps given below.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, Aug 19, 2018
  3. RajithR Win User
    Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.

Microphone detected but not picking up voice. (Windows 10)

I bought a new gaming pc and I've had for a week. I tried my phone's headphones to see if I could talk to my friends with it, but it doesn't pick up my voice. It recognizes the microphone but can't record voice. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and
    reinstalling. I've the levels of the microphone and I've enabled and set the microphone as the default. How do I fix this?

Some AsianDude, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.

1. Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it. - Similar Threads - pick Microphone though

2. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  3. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  4. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My microphone doesn’t pick up on my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone doesn’t pick up on my voice: I have troubleshooted the microphone and it doesn’t pick up on my voice. It will pick up in the tapping of my keys but not my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-doesnt-pick-up-on-my-voice/5269038b-7541-4711-9e30-04c5f691994f
  6. My microphone doesn’t pick up on my voice

My microphone doesn’t pick up on my voice: I have troubleshooted the microphone and it doesn’t pick up on my voice. It will pick up in the tapping of my keys but not my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-doesnt-pick-up-on-my-voice/5269038b-7541-4711-9e30-04c5f691994f
  7. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  8. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  9. I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.: I plugged in my headphones to my PC, which have a built-in mic. I can hear music just fine. However, I cannot get the microphone to work. When I use the Voice Recorder app on Windows and hit record, it records the music I'm listening to. How do I set it up so that the voice...
  10. Microphone barely picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone barely picking up my voice: So i got a new mic for something like 50€ a month ago and my voice is barely getting recognized by my PC. YouTube tutorials always say i should increase the boost on my microphone but the option is not showing up. What can i do to increase my mic's sensitivity?...