Windows 10: Windows will not update beyond 1703

Discus and support Windows will not update beyond 1703 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was having trouble with a wesbite and after their review of my system. They stated that my computer is 8 years old and may need a Bios update (Ugh),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Funkyecat, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Funkyecat Win User

Windows will not update beyond 1703

I was having trouble with a wesbite and after their review of my system. They stated that my computer is 8 years old and may need a Bios update (Ugh), device update(s) or a new computer. It has been working great for my needs (I am not a gamer-woe is me). Any ideas? I am retired and cannot afford a new computer.He stated that it happens to people upgrading from Windows 7. but I use the 'Media Creation Tool'.

:)

Funkyecat, Aug 13, 2017

2. Windows 10: application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Good thing I didn't update my laptop beyond 1703, then. I game on that one when I'm out the house...

Normal_user2018200, Aug 13, 2017
  3. Windows version 1709 Failing to Install - How do I turn this off?

I totally agree with what you said @jeffS33. "far beyond what a standard user should be required". I too have the same problem. see this link

No error code Windows creators update 1703 on ASUS ROG

I had this problem since 1703 came out.

beerus_king, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Windows will not update beyond 1703

Hi Funkyecat

Saw your comment on Media Creation Tool and Windows 7.

Did you upgrade from 7 or 8.x? Since upgrading have you ever done a clean install.

Interesting that a website would be linked so tightly to hardware. What browser are you using to access website? Have you tried an alternate, like Chrome or Firefox.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 13, 2017
  5. Funkyecat Win User
    I updated vis the Media Creation Tool.

I had the Microsoft website have the problem under Chrome and Firefox. Is this 1703 update current or not.

Funkyecat, Aug 14, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    1703 is the Creators Update. It is the most recent public release of Windows 10.

7. Funkyecat Win User
    This was a response from Microsoft-Ha

Thanx for the answer

Funkyecat, Aug 14, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

The information that you posted about your computer indicates that you are already using windows 10.
    If this is incorrect please update the system information.
    There is no version yet beyond 1703.
    The title of the thread though is windows will not update beyond 1703.
    What did you mean beyond 1703? Which version are you seeking?
    There are generally three windows versions: 1511, 1607 and 1703.
    Open administrative command prompt and type winver.
    In the pop up about windows please take a picture or using the snipping tool to post an image into the thread.

zbook, Aug 14, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    You won't get a BIOS update now, those probably finished after about a year.
    It is an old system and later versions of Windows 10 may not be supported. PCs don't last forever you have to budget for a new one at some point.

1703 is the latest version of Windows 10, so no idea what that is about.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows will not update beyond 1703 - Similar Threads - update beyond 1703

2. windows update from 1703 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update from 1703 to 1903: hey if i update my windows from 1703 to 1903 using media creation tool, will it save my data and files. if not, is there any way i can update without losing data....
  3. Failed update windows 1703

Failed update windows 1703: Hi there, I having an issue , i could not update my Windows 10. Currently running 1703, I tried this link from microsoft thread but no good , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Does microsoft have one single package to update old windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 Stuck on version 1703 Wont update to 1803 and beyond

Windows 10 Stuck on version 1703 Wont update to 1803 and beyond: Hi Guys, Hope someone can help me here. I have a HP Laptop (info below) and just recently had to do a re-format as I was having a problem somewhere. Now before I did this the system was running on the New windows version 1903 from the 18 version. Now after the reboot I'm...
  5. Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703): So I have noticed the follow issue, Gpedit.msc has *configure automatic updates* set to 2. Notify for download and auto install, but the WU page when I first go in to looks like this [ATTACH] When I go into advanced then hit back it shows this [ATTACH] If back out of...
  6. Windows Update Not Working Build 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Not Working Build 1703: Hi, I was wondering if there's an issue with Windows Update or my PC. I've been trying to get this build right for a while, and just when I think I have it, I find another issue! I'll give you a little background to start. I built this PC to be a multi-purpose...
  7. Windows 10 update 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update 1703: I found this update this morning. It has been "installing" now for 3 hours and sees to be in a loop where it shows Dowloading Updates, Preparing to install updates, then goes back to Downloading Updates. Is this a loop or wilI it complete? 91723
  8. Windows 1703 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 update: Ever since the 1703 update last week a bunch of unwanted changes have appeared on my computer. One change all my desktop Ions were scrambled. Ok, so I'll put tem back where they were. Not so easy. It seems even though I have the "align to grid" turned off it sill wont let me...
  9. Fails to update to windows 1703

Fails to update to windows 1703: Hello Bree suggested I should start a new thread............. My W10 updates all "offers" except for feature update to windows 10 version 1703? It has had several tries at updating it but fails each time, while other updates come in and are completed. As of 1/6/17 I'm on...
  10. Windows 1703 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 Update Problems: I'll never learn! I either let Microsoft update my computers or I forced an update to 1703 on the others. So...now I have seven computers running W10 1703 and thought everything looked ok...but it ain't. I stumbled into the networking problem when a did a fresh install on one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wont update beyond1703