Windows 10: Windows wont boot after installing linux

Discus and support Windows wont boot after installing linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, writing from a phone so will try to keep it as short as possible. My SSD wasnt partitioned, so when I decided to install linux i made a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Augiz, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Augiz Win User

Windows wont boot after installing linux

Hello,
    writing from a phone so will try to keep it as short as possible.
    My SSD wasnt partitioned, so when I decided to install linux i made a partition from the default one, and installed linux on that newly made partition, after installing Linux (zorinOS), Windows wont boot nor linux does. I get automatic system repair screen, where "exit and continue to windows 10" just restarts pc and brings it back to same screen, other options like startup repair, startup settings (oh btw startup settings theres no linux, just windows boot manager) yields no results too.
    Like is there any way to fix this without reseting?
    Regards, - Augis.

Edit: reseting doesnt work either...

:)

Augiz, Nov 23, 2017

2. Need Help with Dual Boot

Hello, i've did a mistake by trying to make a new partition on my C: "X:"on windows 10 and then booting it on kali linux using universal usb installer, now my pc always boots up on kali linux and i also have windows 10 pro on my C: drive but it wont boot
    into it... anybody can help?

jamalKA777, Nov 23, 2017
  3. windows product key

See the following:

How
    to: Upgrade a dual boot installation of Windows and Linux to Windows 10 - Part 1

As others have noted, dual booting Windows and Linux works best when you install Linux after Windows.

It might be technically possible to dual boot by installing Windows after, but you should download a copy of Grub Repair in advance or use another utility to such as EasyBCD to detect an add a boot entry for your Linux installation.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Nov 23, 2017
  5. Augiz Win User
    Disk is efi afaik.
    Thanks for help but it didnt do much, like now, everytime i boot i get asked to pick keyboard layout (wtf), and I get error screen, windows doesnt even recognise usb drive so I could repair it.

Augiz, Nov 23, 2017
  6. TrustMe Win User
    Do you have access to a working computer? If so, download Kyhi’s Bootable Rescue Disk. Extract the iso file to a bootable flash drive or burn it to a dvd. Boot from the flash drive or dvd. On Kyhi’s Rescue Disk is a program called Macrium Reflect Free. This is a imaging program. On the Restore part of the program is a feature called Fix Windows Starup Problem. Point to the Windows partition and see if it can fix your problem. I don’t know for sure if it will work but it’s worth a try.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

TrustMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows wont boot after installing linux - Similar Threads - wont boot installing

2. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  3. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  4. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  5. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cant boot after Linux install: So i tried installing Black Arch Linux on my USB, but put it on my laptop instead. At first it booted to Linux, but it randomly stopped doing that and now just tries to boot from LAN. There is no boot option remaining now. I tried bootrec commands i found online but it wont...
  6. Laptop cant boot after Linux install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux: My case is long, so here we go. I have an iMac late 2013 with bootcamp installed, with Windows 10 and macOS. This morning I tried installed Ubuntu, with an USB sitick of the 20.04 version. I booted into it with pressing alt and selecting the USB stick and booted it....
  8. Can’t boot neither Windows or Linux after installing Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t boot neither Windows or Linux after installing Linux: submitted by /u/Tidalikk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7e5wo/cant_boot_neither_windows_or_linux_after/
  9. Windows wont boot after installing

Windows wont boot after installing: I am trying to install a clean install of Windows 10 on my Gateway all-in-one. It wont boot after doing the install. It will restart once, then again and after the second restart, it wont boot. I have been trying for the better part of a year to try to get it to run. Windows...
  10. Windows wont boot after fresh install

Windows wont boot after fresh install: PC specs: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H AMD A8 APU kingston v300 SSD 120gb WD HDD 1tb I recently built this system for a family member as a low budget media/gaming pc. This was originally setup with windows 10 on the 1tb main drive, so I know everything works. Now we decided...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zorinos isnt restarting

2. windows doesnt boot after installing linux