Windows 10: Windows won't boot after using DiskPart

Discus and support Windows won't boot after using DiskPart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Used Diskpart to access a spare OS that is same as my main OS, now I can not get the spare OS to boot? When I try and boot it go to Preparing Automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zplugger, Nov 29, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Windows won't boot after using DiskPart

Used Diskpart to access a spare OS that is same as my main OS, now I can not get the spare OS to boot? When I try and boot it go to Preparing Automatic Repair, can't get past this.Will not boot in save mode or nothing. Can still acess the drive from other OS,is there a window file I can change or be deleting to boot this system. Hope I don't have to wipe this drive and start over,it's my backup drive.

:)

zplugger, Nov 29, 2015
  2. Jerryc41 Win User

Windows 10 Not Installing - Reserved Partition Problem

I followed the directions to clean the disc with Diskpart, made it bootable using Paragon on the other computer, and then tried to boot the original PC using it. After six minutes, I still have a black screen.

Jerryc41, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Dejan D. Win User
    Surface pro hangs during update. Now does not boot. Chkdsk stuck for 30 hours

Is there a way to get it unstuck, I just had the same thing happen to mine, after an update and now it won't respond to diskpart trying to recover from command line or boot getting stuck at disk check which can't be skipped. The data on the SSD is still
    there it's just not possible to write or delete any partitions on it. Thanks in advance

Dejan D., Nov 29, 2015
  4. KIM
    kim Win User

Pull out your hard drive and attach it to another working PC, you should be able to see your files and backup them.

5. zplugger Win User
    I can access the files from other os in computer without problems. Need a way to fix the other os to boot. Need to fix the broken windows10 os on that drive.

zplugger, Nov 29, 2015
  6. KIM
    kim Win User
  7. zplugger Win User
    Tried that and no luck,on reset it said it had problems and no files changed. Sure would like to get this think to boot

zplugger, Nov 29, 2015
  8. zplugger Win User

Well I tried everything under the sun with no luck. Does somebody have a different idea? Computer turn on and goes to Preparing Automatic Repair, then does Diagnosing Your PC. I can access all the files on that drive from another OS,should I be looking at a window file to see whats wrong. I will try anything at this point.

zplugger, Nov 30, 2015
  9. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Nov 30, 2015
  10. zplugger Win User
    Thanks Steve
    No luck on my part,I'm running windows10 build 10240.Loaded the Windows Disk and went to command prompt and started diskpart. Could not find EFI Volume in options?

zplugger, Nov 30, 2015
  11. Steve C Win User
    My post relates to a UEFI boot system. You will only have the EFI partition if you are using UEFI boot.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows won't boot after using DiskPart - Similar Threads - won't boot using

2. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup: Installing windows 10 using usb due to issues and planning on using clean command from diskpart to completely wipe my drive questions is can i use cmd in windows setup and use diskpart? if so how?...
  3. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup: Installing windows 10 using usb due to issues and planning on using clean command from diskpart to completely wipe my drive questions is can i use cmd in windows setup and use diskpart? if so how?...
  4. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 0xc00000e after using diskpart to clean disks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0xc00000e after using diskpart to clean disks.: I was preparing some disks for use in a Storage Space using the clean command under diskpart, as I had plugged them in (hotswap SATA HBA) after the machine had booted, I had to reboot to start using them for the Storage Space. As I rebooted, I was hit by the BSOD 0xc00000e...
  6. Windows 10 boot up diskpart... error?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boot up diskpart... error?: So since yesterday when i open my pc i get this message asking me to open a text document, and when i do, there is a text saying diskpart was unable to process the parameters. Any fix? submitted by /u/ILoveSamsungOfficial [link] [comments]...
  7. How to use Diskpart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to use Diskpart: I have a problem with my laptop. When I turn it on, it goes directly (after a while) to Windows RE. I can't do any of the easy recoveries off the menu - says it couldn't be fixed. I don't see any error messages on the screen. I booted from a Windows 10 ISO on a USB...
  8. data recovery after using diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    data recovery after using diskpart clean: My son has a Dell laptop/tablet, it originally came with Win8 installed but he upgraded to win 10. The latest windows updates caused the machine to get into a reboot cycle and he was unable to roll it back when trying to restore to an earlier point (he said it gave him a...
  9. Using DiskPart Prior to Setup

Using DiskPart Prior to Setup: There is a key combination one uses while in windows setup screen to go to the dos prompt. But I can't remember it. Can anyone enlighten me? James 55281
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after using 'Upgrade only' option.

Windows 10 won't boot after using 'Upgrade only' option.: Hey guys, I just wanted to share my solution to a problem I had, just in case somebody else had the same as I couldn't find this solution anywhere. So, the problem was, I downloaded the media creation tool and selected the upgrade only option. It all downloaded fine and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. os doesnot boot after diskpart