Windows 10: windows wont boot

Discus and support windows wont boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows won't boot, and it also won't repair install, refresh, reinstall (Windows 10), chkdsk, boot repair etc. I have tried all these so unless anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maugli, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Maugli Win User

windows wont boot

Windows won't boot, and it also won't repair install, refresh, reinstall (Windows 10), chkdsk, boot repair etc. I have tried all these so unless anyone can think of anything else I will have to do a clean install and upgrade. I suspect the hard drive has failed though. Is there any way to test it? I attach photo of Kaspersky rescue disc fail

windows wont boot [​IMG]

:)

Maugli, Nov 21, 2015
  2. Jsssssssss, Nov 21, 2015
  3. jr283 Win User
    jr283, Nov 21, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

windows wont boot

Can you pull it and hook it up to another system with a SATA/USB adapter cable? Try reading it that way. Yes, you may be dealing with a failure.

simrick, Nov 21, 2015
  5. Maugli Win User
    Hard drive seems okay when I start Windows installation process. Otherwise it's saying the hard drive is locked, or when I run chkdsk it says it can't lock down. I have reinstalled Windows 8 and won't install Windows 10 again until it has stabilised.

Maugli, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows wont boot

1. windows wont boot - Similar Threads - wont boot

2. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  3. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  4. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  6. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  7. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Did driver verifier, PC wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did driver verifier, PC wont boot: So I had a problem with blue screens and followed similar topics with solutions. That led me to do a driver verifier now my PC wont boot at all and are stuck at a blackscreen. Tried to advanced startup but doesn't work either....
  9. Did driver verifier, PC wont boot

Did driver verifier, PC wont boot: So I had a problem with blue screens and followed similar topics with solutions. That led me to do a driver verifier now my PC wont boot at all and are stuck at a blackscreen. Tried to advanced startup but doesn't work either....
  10. Did driver verifier, PC wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging