Windows 10: Windows won't detect some apps on Notifications Settings

Discus and support Windows won't detect some apps on Notifications Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows has not given me any "important" notifications for several months. Never minded, but a few days ago I bought Forza Horizon 3 to play with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AdverseGecko3, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Windows won't detect some apps on Notifications Settings

Windows has not given me any "important" notifications for several months. Never minded, but a few days ago I bought Forza Horizon 3 to play with friends. The problem came when they invited me and I did not get any kind of notification, whereas if I invited them, they got a notification. These last 4 days I've been trying to find the problem until I found it. On Configuration -> System -> Notifications and actions, notifications are enabled, but I only have some of the many applications that should exit me (See the Screenshot):

Windows won't detect some apps on Notifications Settings [​IMG]

Then I asked my friends what where the apps shown on that section. They told me a list of applications and they all agreed on one, the Xbox App. If this is activated you'll get the notifications, but of course, I do not even get the Xbox app in this section = /For example, you can see how I have the Store option enabled, and when I download a program from the Store I get notification. So Windows notifications work correctly, but Windows does not detect many Apps = (

I have tried several solutions like:· Run Toubleshooter from Windows Store apps· Run the sfc / scannow command on CMD· Trying to change values in Regedit without success· Apply the fix "AppDB Registry Import for Fixing Missing Notifications" (With this was hoping to fix it but did not solve anything)

And a lot more of "fixes" unsuccessfully. The last option will be to reinstall Windows, but I want to avoid this as much as possible = /

If anyone knows how I could fix this, I would appreciate if you share your possible solution =)

Thanks

:)

AdverseGecko3, Aug 15, 2017

2. How to make Mail app always show number of unread emails?

Firstly you won't get notification for Gmail emails while you use a browser to access them, without installing GMail Notifier (if that even works with Windows 10)

You also need to specifically set the Mail App to give notifications.

Settings>Notifications

Scroll down to "Show Notifications from these Apps" and ensure that the Mail App is on.

Gordon B-P, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Why Doesnt Windows 10 Save My Notification Settings????

Every time i restart my computer i have to go into settings/system/notification & actions and turn off notifications for two apps i use otherwise they constantly display annoying popups and make a noise. Why won't windows save my settings for these apps??

The Northern Deviant, Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

Windows won't detect some apps on Notifications Settings

1. Windows won't detect some apps on Notifications Settings - Similar Threads - won't detect apps

2. Notification Settings for Apps there are no option Showing for control some applications...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Settings for Apps there are no option Showing for control some applications...: After Update with Latest Windows 11 22H2. There are no option available for control the Pre and post installed apps notifications After installation I'm facing issues in System App notifications management settingsI'm not found in System>Notifications>Notifications from apps...
  3. Notification Settings for Apps there are no option Showing for control some applications...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Settings for Apps there are no option Showing for control some applications...: After Update with Latest Windows 11 22H2. There are no option available for control the Pre and post installed apps notifications After installation I'm facing issues in System App notifications management settingsI'm not found in System>Notifications>Notifications from apps...
  4. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar: I have a couple of apps on my computer that are acting weird. Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Both of them get the little red badge with the number of unread messages, but neither flash/glow yellow or cause the taskbar to unhide, which makes it very easy to miss messages. I...
  5. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar: I have a couple of apps on my computer that are acting weird. Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Both of them get the little red badge with the number of unread messages, but neither flash/glow yellow or cause the taskbar to unhide, which makes it very easy to miss messages. I...
  6. Some App Notifications Not Glowing on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Notifications and Actions settings won't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Actions settings won't save: I recently got a new PC desktop and I was trying to turn off specific notifications in Notifications and Actions from my Settings. But whenever I click out of Notifications and Actions, the adjustments I made are reset to where they were before. The only thing that saves is...
  8. "Virus detected" windows notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Virus detected" windows notification: I have received a notification, apparently through Windows, that my computer has viruses. See the image below. I immediately ran scans with Adaware and Malwarebytes. Adaware came up with nothing. Malwarebytes found 6 items and quarantined them. I shut down the PC and started...
  9. Windows won't detect some USB devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't detect some USB devices: Hello! I know lots of people have a similar problem but as I haven't found a solution here nor anywhere else, I thought I'd share my specific case. I'm at Windows 10 version 1607, build 14393.105. System specs are in the profile, the UEFI is updated and the latest,...
  10. Missing apps in Notifications settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing apps in Notifications settings: Hello, I found that some of my apps (that regularly emit notifications through the notification center, such as Dropbox or Cyberduck) dont appear in the notifications settings page. For example, I use Cyberduck as FTP client. Every time I edit a file on my server i get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appdb registry import for fixing missing notifications

2. appdb registry fix missing notifications