Windows 10: Windows won't install Arduino drivers

Discus and support Windows won't install Arduino drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Arduino Mega 2560 connected USB to a Windows 10 1607 14393-321 system. The bd works fine on my laptop printing via Repetier Host. It shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruggb, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ruggb Win User

Windows won't install Arduino drivers

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 connected USB to a Windows 10 1607 14393-321 system.

The bd works fine on my laptop printing via Repetier Host. It shows up as a USB-SERIAL CH340 - ver 1607 14393-222
    On my desktop it used to work with ver 8. I upgraded to 12 and now Windows won't install the driver. HOWEVER, Windows also updated since prior to my Arduino update and since the last time I used it.
    I tried rolling back to Arduino ver 9 - same
    I tried installing ver 8 driver, no dice
    I tried driver1_CH340 and driver2_CH340
    driver1 didn't work at all and driver2 came back with an error after it at least tried.
    Anyone got an answer??? Is it Arduino or Windows???
    How do I roll back windows to 222?? It looks like KB3194798 is the update to uninstall.
    thx

:)

ruggb, Oct 14, 2016

2. How do I open extra COM ports?

Since this is an Arduino rather than a Windows problem, you need to follow the
    Arduino installation instructions. In particular you must right-click the Arduino .inf file, then left-click "Install".
    Its first few lines look like so:

; Copyright 2012 Blacklabel Development, Inc.

[Strings]

DriverPackageDisplayName="Arduino USB Driver"

ManufacturerName="Arduino LLC (www.arduino.cc)"

ServiceName="USB RS-232 Emulation Driver"

If you still have a problem, ask Google or check out the Arduino help pages.

Frederik Long, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Cant update the drivers

I have bought an Arduino. An obiusly, when i connected it to my pc, it needs drivers. Windows couldnt install it and i donwloaded the official drivers for the official web site of Arduino. But when i enter in the device administrator, and press on this device
    to update, it say me that the best driver is already installed, but it doesnt work!, that isnt the corret driver!

it would be great if i get some help :/

(sorry for my sick english)

juan carlos torcuato, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

Windows won't install Arduino drivers

1. Windows won't install Arduino drivers - Similar Threads - won't install Arduino

2. Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know: Hi,I'm developing an air quality sensor array on Arduino. When I tried to connect my Windows 11 Insider Preview build to the Arduino's USB port it seemed like nothing happened. The arduino.cc site didn't address Windows 11 at all.So I spent some time poking around and saw...
  3. Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know: Hi,I'm developing an air quality sensor array on Arduino. When I tried to connect my Windows 11 Insider Preview build to the Arduino's USB port it seemed like nothing happened. The arduino.cc site didn't address Windows 11 at all.So I spent some time poking around and saw...
  4. USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE: I'm trying to upload code from the Arduino IDE to a board connected to my device via one of the USB ports. For some reason, I'm getting the message :avrdude: ser_open: can't open device "\\.\COM11": Access is denied.So it seems as though my USB driver I renamed it COM11 from...
  5. USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE

USB driver not communicating with Arduino IDE: I'm trying to upload code from the Arduino IDE to a board connected to my device via one of the USB ports. For some reason, I'm getting the message :avrdude: ser_open: can't open device "\\.\COM11": Access is denied.So it seems as though my USB driver I renamed it COM11 from...
  6. How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...

How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...: I installed the CH340 drive despite of the system warning and faced blue screen and had to uninstall the driver and delete the driver folder. Now the issue is I am unable to read sensor values for i2c connection without the CH340 driver for my 8266 D1 mini Interestingly the...
  7. How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install CH340 driver to my Windows 10 for interfacing Esp8266 D1 mini with Arduino...: I installed the CH340 drive despite of the system warning and faced blue screen and had to uninstall the driver and delete the driver folder. Now the issue is I am unable to read sensor values for i2c connection without the CH340 driver for my 8266 D1 mini Interestingly the...
  8. Ch340 driver for arduino won't install.

Ch340 driver for arduino won't install.: Tried numerous times to install the CH340 driver for an Arduino Nano. Installation fails each time. All Arduinos worked fine on my previous computer. This brand new one has the latest windows 10 (21H1), so something is different. I'd like to know how to fix it. Any help or...
  9. Installing USB-SERIAL CH340 drivers (Arduino)

Installing USB-SERIAL CH340 drivers (Arduino): Hello I need to install (remotely) a driver "USB-SERIAL CH340" to allow an Arduino board to communicate with a PC. This driver is used as a serial port over a USB port. Since we are all confined ( Covid-19) , I can't go to his place to help him. I got access to his PC uing...
  10. Drivers Won't Install

Drivers Won't Install: Windows was taking 2 hours to start up and my computer wouldn't fully shutdown without a hard shutdown, and after running an antivirus I trust it still wasn't fixed. Because of this I decided to reformat my SSD and perform a clean install of Windows 10. After installing I was...