Windows 10: Windows won't install update to insider build

Discus and support Windows won't install update to insider build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have registered my account to get insider builds, and am currently signed up under the "Active development of Windows" category with the pace of new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeanMiller800, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Windows won't install update to insider build

I have registered my account to get insider builds, and am currently signed up under the "Active development of Windows" category with the pace of new builds set to slow. I am currently on build 17134.228 and trying to update to 17713.1002. Windows Update (via settings) shows that the update downloads properly and then installs to 100%, prompting me to restart the computer. At this point if I select "Remind me later," I also have the options "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart" listed in my shut down options. When I restart the computer, it shows the progress of the installation, and proceeds at a reasonable rate. But once it reaches 11%, it jumps to 62% and stays there for a few minutes, then the computer shuts down and restarts. When it boots back up, I'm still on 17134.228, and Windows Update attempts to download and install 17713.1002 once again. It's even doing so right now, so I guess I'm also going to be stuck in a loop of being prompted to restart my computer. If I check the update history, it tells me that 17713.1002 requires a restart to finish installing (despite already having restarted), and at this point only the normal "Shut down" and "Restart" options are listed. Restarting now still doesn't solve the problem.

Windows won't install update to insider build [​IMG]

It's not reflected here because I tried to reset windows update before posting, but the featured updates list will fill up with that same entry, multiple times, for every time windows tries to install that update. It's also worth noting that only the feature update is affected by this, definition updates will successfully install. Any insight into this bizarre malfunction would be appreciated.

I would also like to say that my reason for updating to an insider build in the first place is to make the Mixed Reality Portal work. My original problem was that MRP would crash immediately, only showing the headset logo for a few seconds then closing. I see on the Microsoft Store page for it that it requires build 17688.0 or greater, hence my engagement with this equally frustrating, yet categorically distinct problem. Getting Mixed Reality Portal to work is my ultimate goal, so if it turns out that I'm barking up the wrong tree and there's a way to fix that problem without having to mess with this windows insider business, please let me know. Thank you.

:)

SeanMiller800, Aug 19, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Windows won't install update to insider build

Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows won't install update to insider build

1. Windows won't install update to insider build - Similar Threads - won't install update

2. Insider build issue on updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Insider build issue on updates: Hello;I've installed windows 11 insider preview build, after using it for a while then rolled back to windows 10 after that, I leaved the insider and unlink my pc for insider builds, after doing I'm getting update and downloading windows 11 again....Requesting any one to...
  3. Installation of a Windows 10 Insider Preview Build repeatedly won't complete.

Installation of a Windows 10 Insider Preview Build repeatedly won't complete.: Is anyone else having problems with Windows 10 Insider Build 19564.1000 not completely installing? I started trying to Download and Install one of my Windows 10 Insider Builds a few days ago. I have been doing this usually weekly with no problem. But with this latest build,...
  4. Windows updates and insider builds

Windows updates and insider builds: purchased used laptop in may with Windows 8.1 installed. Did upgrade to windows 10. Not receiving updates and not receiving insider builds. Problem is cannot do downloads of such …. current build is 17134.799 version 1803. Please help....
  5. Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build

Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build: Has anyone had a fix for this? I'm getting an error 0x8007000d for the past month now and every Windows update has the same resulting code whenever I try to install it. Is there a way to install this without having to factory reset (btw, I can't go back to the previous build)...
  6. Microsoft Edge Insider builds: Troubleshoot install and updates

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Insider builds: Troubleshoot install and updates: Microsoft Edge Insider builds refers to both Microsoft Edge Canary and Microsoft Edge Dev. Here are a few things to try if you see installation or update errors: Check your operating system. Microsoft Edge Insider builds are currently only available on Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 insider preview build 18334.1 won't update

Windows 10 insider preview build 18334.1 won't update: After checking update, giving message update available. When I click on download then it continuously on 0% after a couple of hours yet to download 1%. What is the solution?...
  8. Windows Insider Build Updates

Windows Insider Build Updates: I am having a problem with receiving updates since January 16th but only on one of my desktops. My main computer is still receiving updates, currently pre-release 18323 but my backup desktop stopped at 18317. I did a remote with Customer Service two days ago and was assured...
  9. Windows 10 insider build update

Windows 10 insider build update: Windows Insider Build goes to 85% then Undoes the changes. can't stop it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-insider-build-update/8dd48d98-9b4a-4bae-9cf4-a7e37caef4f9
  10. My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Insider build 11102 won't update to 14257: I have been successfully updating as a Insider Win 10 since Oct 2014 with no problems. I recently did a clean install of build 11102 and it seems ok. A few slow downs and hangs but generally ok. Recently I received notification from MS that build 14257 was available for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows insider update wont install

2. windows store wont install to windows 10 insider build

3. windows insider active development of windows

4. new windows insider builds wont install,
  5. computer not updating from build17758.1,
  6. windows 17688.0,
  7. windows 10 17688.0