Windows 10: Windows won't let me change any settings

Discus and support Windows won't let me change any settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BILLniners, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Windows won't let me change any settings

My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right back in and I am back on the previous setting. I have even run as admin. and this happens. I am not very computer savvy but can follow instructions

:)

BILLniners, Nov 23, 2016

2. Family Settings won't let me open any other browser but edge.

Are you the Administrator of the computer or someone else setup the account for you?

If someone setup your account for you, you should should create an entirely new account then:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-manage-...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2016
  3. Family Settings won't let me open any other browser but edge.

I got home and I couldn't use google or firefox. I looked and my family settings show I'm not even in a family, yet the parental controls are still not letting me do stuff. How do I fix this, and why were these settings activated on my account, and why
    can I not just deactivate this messy parental control system.

GavinGargis, Nov 23, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows won't let me change any settings

Which version of 10? Microsoft stole a lot of stuff from Pro, and only allows Volume and Enterprise to have the GPO editing stuff now.

bro67, Nov 23, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Windows 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.447 is the most current Released version. I consider a Build, from a practical standpoint, the same as a Service Pack as used with Win7. There is also Version 1607 Build 14971.xxx called the Insider Preview or test version. Have to know much more about the version Windows in use than ever before and posting of that information.

Berton, Nov 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That is the number for the release. Try this again. Which version of Windows 10 (ie Home, Pro)?

bro67, Nov 24, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows won't let me change any settings

1. Windows won't let me change any settings - Similar Threads - won't let change

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. It won't let me change the time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me change the time zone: Yesterday I reinstalled windows and everything is perfect, except for the fact that it does not allow me to change the time zone in the settings or in the control panel. In the settings I see the option in gray as disabled and I can not change it to have my time zone. I hope...
  5. It won't let me change the time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me change the time zone: Yesterday I reinstalled windows and everything is perfect, except for the fact that it does not allow me to change the time zone in the settings or in the control panel. In the settings I see the option in gray as disabled and I can not change it to have my time zone. I hope...
  6. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  7. Microsoft Defender not letting me change any settings in windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Defender not letting me change any settings in windows security: Microsoft defender is not letting me change anything in the settings. if i try to it just switches back, it won't let me add exclusions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-not-letting-me-change-any/e177ab8a-1905-4f13-b303-9de6fa1ba2a8
  8. S-Mode & Won't Let Me Change

S-Mode & Won't Let Me Change: I have a valid Windows 10 program, purchased a couple of years ago, not shared with anyone. My computer froze multiple times yesterday while trying to reboot. I tried re-setting to the previous day's reset point when it was working just fine, but nothing. The only way to get...
  9. Windows won't let me change the language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't let me change the language: So i added romanian as a language bc i needed the keyboard layout and windows changed the system language to romanian despite it being at the bottom and won't let me change it back to english and it says "will be the display language after the next connection" (translated...
  10. settings won't let me change task bar background color

settings won't let me change task bar background color: settings won't let me change task bar background color., it's either white or black. Am I stuck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-let-me-change-task-bar-background/fc65e16d-6d75-4f57-9594-f2e58c84bf79