Windows 10: Windows wont let me install a better Audio driver

Discus and support Windows wont let me install a better Audio driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A while back i installed the Supreme FX software for my motherboard,but Asus in their wisdom are about 40 versions of the Realtek driver behind so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danbottomburp, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Windows wont let me install a better Audio driver

A while back i installed the Supreme FX software for my motherboard,but Asus in their wisdom are about 40 versions of the Realtek driver behind so i uninstalled it

And since then i have upgraded to Windows 1803

I have the latest Realtek driver downloaded and extracted and put in a folder
    When i go to the installed version through Device manager and select update and then tell it where to look it tells me "the best driver is installed" - well it isnt , my driver is 6.0.1.8273 , which is from last year sometime ?

Anyway i want the latest Realtek driver installed , how can i install it ?
    Windows always thinking it knows best , well this time its completely wrong

Any help would be greatly received

Thanks
    Dan

:)

danbottomburp, Jul 13, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Windows wont let me install a better Audio driver

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows wont let me install a better Audio driver

1. Windows wont let me install a better Audio driver - Similar Threads - wont let install

2. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not let me install a driver: Windows 10 will not let me reinstall/update the Intel 6 series/C200 series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver it says a the driver installation file is missing a necessary entry, I am at a total loss as to where to go from here.Any help would be greatly...
  3. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not let me install a driver: Windows 10 will not let me reinstall/update the Intel 6 series/C200 series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver it says a the driver installation file is missing a necessary entry, I am at a total loss as to where to go from here.Any help would be greatly...
  4. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. it wont let me download app installer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    it wont let me download app installer: there is no install button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-download-app-installer/a0b08eb7-94fc-44c2-abde-ec9b0e5856ea
  6. it wont let me download app installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it wont let me download app installer: there is no install button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-download-app-installer/a0b08eb7-94fc-44c2-abde-ec9b0e5856ea
  7. Windows 10 wont let me install an app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wont let me install an app: I am trying to install an app and window 10 wont let me. I have tried turning off the firewall, setting the file as one that can get through the firewall, turned off the secure folder setting and a host of other things. nothing works...
  8. Minecraft wont let me install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft wont let me install: I just got a new ssd card for my computer to run my games better. I am trying to install minecraft but when I go to click install it is crossed out. So I went into my library and tried to click install but it says that it cannot be used on this device. The install button is...
  9. Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver: I use Driver Easy to update my drivers. Today it had 2 Realtek drivers that needed updating. One updated without problem. The other won't update. What I mean to say is windows won't let me update. It says the best driver is already installed. How can I force windows to accept...
  10. administrator wont let me install a programme

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator wont let me install a programme: administrator wont let me install a programme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-wont-let-me-install-a-programme/58880408-c574-4ccb-9df3-a7519782ffc7