Windows 10: Windows won't set ANY default browser

Discus and support Windows won't set ANY default browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Pressing + will bring up the list but not set/keep the selection. 75048 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SOHO1, Jan 15, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Windows won't set ANY default browser

Pressing + will bring up the list but not set/keep the selection.

:)

SOHO1, Jan 15, 2017

2. I can't set any Browser as a default Browser.

Well by default, Internet Explorer is the default browser that opens up for everything but I don't want it to be Explorer. I want it to be like Firefox, Chrome, etc. But when I go make it a default program, it gives me the option but it sends me to what
    is shown in the picture to make it into a default browser. But as shown, no browsers pop up when I try to pick one to become my default.

Nicholas Gilsey, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Ang087 Win User
    I can't set any Browser as a default Browser.

This should work for you:

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
    • Click the Tools button , and then click Internet options.
    • Click the Programs tab, and then click Make default.
    • Click OK, and then close Internet Explorer.

Ang087, Jan 15, 2017
  4. SOHO1 Win User

Peforming a reset, allows EDGE to be the default, but does not allow changing to any other browser.

SOHO1, Jan 15, 2017
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    Ah, the bottom link "Set defaults by app"

Windows won't set ANY default browser [​IMG]

Allows you to pick chrome or whatever

and that DOES save.

Et voila! The joy of Windows 10!

SOHO1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows won't set ANY default browser - Similar Threads - won't set default

2. cant set default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant set default browser: each time i update chrome it switches my browser to yahoo and doesnt let me change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-default-browser/ffc10c08-25a5-4794-8192-a9736afe2257
  3. cant set default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant set default browser: each time i update chrome it switches my browser to yahoo and doesnt let me change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-default-browser/ffc10c08-25a5-4794-8192-a9736afe2257
  4. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  5. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  6. Set default browser to alternative browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set default browser to alternative browser: In the "Set Default Apps" settings page, there is no possible way to select a browser that is not either on the Windows store or has large userbase like Chrome. You used to be able to use Control Panel for this, but you changed that to just redirect to the same Settings page...
  7. Default Browser Setting

Default Browser Setting: I want my default browser to be Chrome. I change it in settings from Edge to Chrome, then when I re-boot, it goes right back to Edge. How do I make the change permanent?...
  8. set chrome as default browser

set chrome as default browser: how to set chrome as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-default-browser/620d5e83-ab61-4586-93dc-eb5244b96387
  9. W10 won't allow to set default browser

in Browsers and Email
    W10 won't allow to set default browser: I am having a problem setting my default browser. In to reset my defaults in settings. Restore to default. Now Edge is now my default browser. Now I can't set my default browser to Cyberfox or any other browser. I press the cyberfox icon and nothing happens. The plus sign...
  10. Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge: I have not had a problem setting the default browser, which for some time has been Maxthon. But suddenly (perhaps due to the April update?) not only has Edge taken over, I cannot now find a way to change it. When I go to default apps in Settings I am only offered the choice...