Windows 10: Windows would not boot correctly, recovery options appear to have failed.

Discus and support Windows would not boot correctly, recovery options appear to have failed. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I encountered an error which prevented Windows from launching, and automatic repair was unable to correct. I have tried to work through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AFS87, Jul 15, 2018.

1. AFS87 Win User

Windows would not boot correctly, recovery options appear to have failed.

Hello,

I encountered an error which prevented Windows from launching, and automatic repair was unable to correct.

I have tried to work through the options for recovery (Windows reset, safe mode) but the reset did not complete succesfully.

When I try to boot windows now hangs with the message ''please wait a moment" before I am prompted to log in, while attempting to perform another reset fails at around 40%

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks.

:)

AFS87, Jul 15, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    • If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    • If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    • If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

• Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    • Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    • Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    • From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    • Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

• Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    • Fresh install Windows 10
    • Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    • repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Windows 10 fails to boot, none of the recovery options is working

Thank you for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that you can get to the recovery options, start the PC in safe mode to perform the suggestions previously posted.

You can read more about the recovery options in Windows 10 on
    this page
    . Refer to the following links for the next steps after reaching the recovery environment:

Update us so we can guide you further if necessary.

Ruz San, Jul 15, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

I have questions for you:
    • if you open admin command, copy and paste: reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
      Does it boot into recovery ?
    • Is the disk layout still look like the screen you posted in the other thread with 2 recovery partitions (450MB and 480MB)?

Windows would not boot correctly, recovery options appear to have failed. [​IMG]

According to suggestions from the thread, you changed from partitiion 5 to partition 1 with reagentc, which in my opinion is not correct. When you upgrade, windows creates an extra 450MB after C: and put a new Winre.wim there and set it to partition 5 (counting from left to right)

topgundcp, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows would not boot correctly, recovery options appear to have failed. - Similar Threads - boot correctly recovery

2. Windows 11 failed to load correctly message keeps appearing on re-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 failed to load correctly message keeps appearing on re-boot: Hello, I have a brand new Alienware Aurora R-13 with Windows 11. It seems like whenever my system has full shutdown, upon boot up it will show the blue screen error that "windows did not load correctly". When I click the "restart my PC" option from this page, it reloads fine,...
  3. Windows 11 failed to load correctly message keeps appearing on re-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 failed to load correctly message keeps appearing on re-boot: Hello, I have a brand new Alienware Aurora R-13 with Windows 11. It seems like whenever my system has full shutdown, upon boot up it will show the blue screen error that "windows did not load correctly". When I click the "restart my PC" option from this page, it reloads fine,...
  4. Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.: I have a black screen with nothing but a cursor and need to reset windows. However when I try the method of putting the computer into Recovery I have no troubleshoot or advanced options. The only thing that shows is Enter to try starting again F1 to enter recovery environment...
  5. Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.: I have a black screen with nothing but a cursor and need to reset windows. However when I try the method of putting the computer into Recovery I have no troubleshoot or advanced options. The only thing that shows is Enter to try starting again F1 to enter recovery environment...
  6. Standard options not appearing on forced recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop Into Recovery if options pressed, Auto Corrects/Boots to OS if no options pressed: This is weird!1. Installed new M.2 removed all pre-existing drives, disabled CSM, used USB boot drive, yada yada2. Successful and normal installation of Win 10 Pro3. Every reboot since that installation takes me to Recovery4. Every option in Recovery results in either: a...
  8. Windows Failing to Boot Correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Failing to Boot Correctly: Hello. I'm having an issue when booting into windows it looks all fine but task manager is showing 100% CPU usage (on a 7700k@5ghz) 0% ram etc. None of the programs work correctly. Ie: Spotify is just a big blank window. Something is failing to load in correctly, whacking...
  9. SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS: I recently cloned my system to my SSD (laptop crashed, when it got fixed windows was installed on my hard drive instead, but laptop came with SSD). I am trying to set it as the boot option in BIOS, but it isn't appearing. The SSD is working fine normally, as I said I...
  10. All recovery options fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All recovery options fail: Hi, Windows 10 fail to start on my laptop. This happened after I replaced the internal DC jack/cable & forgot to connect the touchpad on assembly. I connected a usb mouse and windows started to act a bit weird. after a restart windows wont start. touchpad is now connected...