Windows 10: Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

Discus and support Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Hutchinson ADHB, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon should not be run in elevated mode'. The problem began around the time IT granted me a second log-in Dhutch_int3 with some administrator privileges.I tried running natspeak.exe 'Run as a different user' using a work colleague's credentials she too is an ordinary end-user and the same error message appeared.DP16 does ru

:)

David Hutchinson ADHB, Apr 18, 2024

2. elevated mode

While trying to correct error 0x80070057 it is suggested trying chkdsk /r which requires the elevated mode to run. How do I get into this mode?

leecekeeton 938, Apr 18, 2024
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    My app on tablet mode disappeared when i try to lunch any app

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Do you get any error message while trying to run those apps?
    Method 1: Run windows apps troubleshooter

I would suggest you to try Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and check if it help.

Refer the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Try logging in different account, please follow the steps below how to create a new account.

Method 2: Check date and time

• On the start screen type "Date and Time" and open it from the settings option.

• Correct the date and time if it is wrong as well as the Time Zone.

I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

1. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode. - Similar Threads - wrongly trying run

2. run a legacy cpl elevated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    run a legacy cpl elevated: Evertime I try to open a folder a windows notification appear saying run a legacy cpl elevated and don't matter if i allow or not it keep appearing and i cannot open the folder...
  3. run a legacy cpl elevated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    run a legacy cpl elevated: Evertime I try to open a folder a windows notification appear saying run a legacy cpl elevated and don't matter if i allow or not it keep appearing and i cannot open the folder...
  4. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  5. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  6. run a legacy cpl elevated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. run a legacy cpl elevated

8. ELEVATED MODE... Pressing issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ELEVATED MODE... Pressing issue...: Dear Community,I was recently disabled on a temporary basis but I will be able to use voice to text, either Dragon which is already set up, or the same in Win 10.PROBLEM: every time I try to start Dragon, I receive the message "Dragon Naturally Speaking should not be run in...
  9. ELEVATED MODE... Pressing issue...

ELEVATED MODE... Pressing issue...: Dear Community,I was recently disabled on a temporary basis but I will be able to use voice to text, either Dragon which is already set up, or the same in Win 10.PROBLEM: every time I try to start Dragon, I receive the message "Dragon Naturally Speaking should not be run in...
  10. ELEVATED MODE... Pressing issue...

in Windows 10 Customization