Windows 10: "$Windows.~WS" folder safe to delete?

Discus and support "$Windows.~WS" folder safe to delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, so I know this folder is somehow related to windows update / windows 10 updates. I'd like to delete it, as it's taking up 5.76GB of space on the C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChuckWheat, Aug 19, 2015.

1. "$Windows.~WS" folder safe to delete?

Hi, so I know this folder is somehow related to windows update / windows 10 updates.
    I'd like to delete it, as it's taking up 5.76GB of space on the C drive.
    It appeared a few days after I installed Windows 10.
    Can I go ahead and axe it? Or is there something else I should be aware of? There's no outstanding updates to be installed currently.

:)

ChuckWheat, Aug 19, 2015
  2. CountMike New Member

Yes it is safe to delete, look for "windows.old" folder too, unless you want to revert to windows you upgraded from, you can get rid of it. Use Disk cleanup for that.

CountMike, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Harpert Win User
    You have one month to decide if you would like to roll-back
    I would not delete the old Windows version until that month is over.
    More and more I encounter issues with Windows 10 that were not there in Win 7
    I am certainly not sure myself if I remain using Win10

Good Luck

Harpert, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"$Windows.~WS" folder safe to delete?

1. "$Windows.~WS" folder safe to delete? - Similar Threads - $Windows ~WS folder

2. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  3. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  4. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to delete these folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to delete these folders?: There are two (hidden) folders in C. $WINDOWS.~BT $WinREAgent The first one contains something that looks like Windows Update. This specific update (KB 4566781) is not installed because it's for 2004 (I have 1909). Is it safe to delete them both? [ATTACH] 163720
  6. Is it safe to delete these folders?

Is it safe to delete these folders?: Greetings, Chrome 74 now says "Your browser is managed by your organization". I'm not part of an organization. I've been searching for a solution, but most people suggest using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). However, I have the Home edition of Windows, which doesn't...
  7. Safe to Delete this Folder?

Safe to Delete this Folder?: Is $GetCurrent folder safe to delete? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-delete-this-folder/f70da8e8-9232-4918-8f85-b3b32e2b70e1"
  8. Is it safe to delete these folders?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it safe to delete these folders?: Hi Folks I have Windows 10 64bit and use a 2 Tb main drive which I self installed. It had all the files from a previous drive which was 1 Tb such as Windows 10, drivers, Photoshop etc etc. I have a third drive which is 500mb and used to be my main drive. All these drives have...
  9. $Windows.~WS folder deleting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $Windows.~WS folder deleting: hello I tried to download win10 twice with media tool but it reached ~75% and then its just gone without any error ... however this is not the problem I think the downloaded 75% are still stored on my C drive because i have a folder called $Windows.~WS its empty (there is...
  10. Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?: Does $Windows.~WS need to be left in place for anything, e.g. 'Reset this PC', or can it be safely deleted? Thanks. 9407