Windows 10: Windows XP Sound Card

Discus and support Windows XP Sound Card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old XP computer which is still going strong. I recently tried to upgrade it to Windows 7 but there were problems with the product key and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A Gray, Oct 12, 2016.

1. A Gray Win User

Windows XP Sound Card

I have an old XP computer which is still going strong. I recently tried to upgrade it to Windows 7 but there were problems with the product key and it was unsuccessful. I then had to reformat the hard drive before reinstalling Windows XP from my original installation discs up to SP3 level. This worked okay but I am now finding that there are problems with the sound card. There never was a separate installation disc for this and I assume that the built in drivers handled it. I have looked at Device Manager and there is a yellow question mark over "Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus" (incidentally all other devices also have question marks over them). I have tried reinstalling a driver from the Windows installation disc, however this was not found. I have no idea what make of sound card is installed so do not know what driver to look for on the internet. I know it is a long shot as this is an old system now but has anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

I think I've found my own solution. I found I had a disc called "Intel 915G chipset Support" which had a Realtec audio driver. I have reinstalled this and the audio system is now working again! My confusion was caused by not realising what chipset support meant but among other things it covers the sound card.

:)

A Gray, Oct 12, 2016
  2. BertF Win User

No sound after windows 10 upgrade 7/29

Morning. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on the 29th. Everything seems ok but I have no sound. My sound card is Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio. This is on a Dell Studio xps. Any ideas? Thanks

BertF, Oct 12, 2016
  3. audio driver issue

This PC is a Dell Studio XPS 435T / 9000. It was a WIN7 machine. I updated to WIN10 and I have no sound. The audio card is a
    "CARD (CIRCUIT), MULTI-MEDIA, AUDIO, SBX2, XP/VSTA." This is a copy/paste from the system configuration information. If I remove the audio devices then reboot the machine, it reinstalls the devices and the sound works. After the next reboot I have no sound.
    The Creative site does not show a WIN10 driver package for this card. Any suggestions?

Bruce B Peterson, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows XP Sound Card

1. Windows XP Sound Card - Similar Threads - Sound Card

2. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...: I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but it does recognize the headphones output. I need help PLEASE!!!!...
  3. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...: I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but it does recognize the headphones output. I need help PLEASE!!!!...
  4. I have a V8 Sound Card for podcasting and the pc doesn't recognize the microphone input but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  6. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?: I have a huge problem. My mic is picking up my voice and every single soundf.e system sounds, game sounds And I think it's because of my codec alc887, because Microsoft community managerif i remember told me that your video codec is too old. And I want to can soundcard fix...
  7. Is sound card worth replacing my audio codec Realtek ALC887?

8. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52
  9. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52
  10. Sound card issue not resolved

Sound card issue not resolved: I am still using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, IntelR Core i5-3330 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 3.00 GHz, 6.00 GB RAMThis started by having issues with updates repeatedly not being successfully installed. Then I started getting the blue screen of death with error...