Windows 10: Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player

Discus and support Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, On VMware Workstation Player 12.5.2 (free for non-commercial usage), I am having issues in Windows XP virtual machines with the sound. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by microneppy, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player

Hi,

On VMware Workstation Player 12.5.2 (free for non-commercial usage), I am having issues in Windows XP virtual machines with the sound.

The sound output by the VM sounds poor, extremely crackled and laggy. Not having this issue in Windows Vista or Windows ME, only XP.

ISOs are all clean copies and work absolutely fine on VirtualBox 4.3.x, so it is not an ISO issue, more or less a problem with VMware.

Can't sign up to the VMware forums to ask this, because I am not part of a company (hence why I am using the non-commercial usage version), and can't fill in some of the info it requires for me to register there, so decided to ask here. Googling seems to show this is specific to Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

Any suggestions please? Thanks. *Smile

:)

microneppy, Feb 10, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 and XP dual boot.

Do you think Windows XP will have drivers for your hardware? Not likely. Rather than dual-booting, a much better idea is to run XP in a virtual machine as Andre suggested. It's easy to setup a VM with either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player and
    illustrated tutorials are on the web.

BulldogXX, Feb 10, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    VMWare 4.0.2 & Windows 10

Does the VMWare website offer any insight?

P.S. The name is now VMWare Workstation Player.

BulldogXX, Feb 10, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player

Hi there

This can sometimes happen if the volume on the HOST OS is set too high or you have the GUEST volume set too high (or a combination of both).

Ensure also you've installed VMware tools on the GUEST (XP) system.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 10, 2017
  5. The VMware tools are installed. The volume on both of them is set to the defaults, but I'll try lowering the volume on the guest OS first, and then the host.

microneppy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player

1. Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player - Similar Threads - Sound Issues VMware

2. Problem With Run VMware Workstation 14 and its Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem With Run VMware Workstation 14 and its Player: Hi there, Some Minutes ago I ran VMware Workstation 14 and Windows gave me an error I attach its error below. And When I click to 'Get Help Online' Button I Redirect to...
  3. Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player: I have installed Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15 Player. Do I need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro licence or can I use the license on the base machine?...
  4. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable: New VMWare Player: Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware [img] 132574
  5. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  6. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  7. Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows

Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help�� Hey Guys, on you windows defender settings, under "ransomware...
  8. VMware workstation 12 player

VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  9. Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10

Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10: can i install any version ? can i install linux or windows 7 using vmware on windows 10 ? Thank you in advance 37303
  10. BSOD during VMware workstation player installation consistently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during VMware workstation player installation consistently: Hi,I get a consistent BSOD during the installation of VMware Workstation Player. I can replicate it very easily. I have gotten 4 BSOD due to this (installation of VMware Workstation Player) while trying to debug/find the cause myself. Attached is the latest/last BSOD DM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware workstation guest sound crackling

2. vmware xp scratchy sound

3. vmware sound issues

4. better sound driver windows xp vmware,
  5. The sound is distorted and scratchy windows xp virtuell machine,
  6. usb speaker garbled vmware,
  7. vmware distorted sound windows xp guest,
  8. vmware xp sound issues,
  9. distorted audio vmware player 15 windows xp,
  10. vmware 15 windows xp sound distorted,
  11. Windows XP distorted sound vmware