Windows 10: windows xp virtualisation

Discus and support windows xp virtualisation in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; under windows 8 I had a virtual version of windows xp running under hyoerv with some legacy windows applications I had written myself. After upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by solus, Aug 18, 2015.

1. solus Win User

windows xp virtualisation

under windows 8 I had a virtual version of windows xp running under hyoerv with some legacy windows applications I had written myself. After upgrading to windows 10 and going into windows xp, my software has disappeared, but the directories this software lived in are still there, has anyone got any idea what the heck has happened here ?

:)

solus, Aug 18, 2015

2. PC Suite with virtualized Windows NOT working

PC Suite ver 7.0 is NOT working with virtualised OS. I have tested on OpenSuse 11.0 as HOST OS with SUN xVM VirtualBox Graphical User Interface 2.0.2 with USB Support enabled. The Virtualised OS is Windows XP with all Service Packs / Windows updates loaded.

The Phone E90 Communicator is connected via USB

In Windows management the Phone is recognised as Wireless Communication Devices --> Nokia E90 Communicator USB Phone Parent.

When connecting the Phone it shows an error:

"PC Suite does not recognise the connected phone. The connection between the PC and the phone failed, error code 0x80044403. Switch off your phone, switch it on, and try again."

PC Suite is required to backup the phone, etc so that I can use the E90 in Virtualised Windows on OpenSuse 11.0.

Would Love to have this working. Hate using Windows only to access the Phone since OpenSuse 11.0 is my primary OS. I will have to reboot the system, select Windows XP if all I have to use Windows XP is for accessing the Phone.

Appreciate a revert at the earliest.

rohanldsouza, Aug 18, 2015
  3. how to enable virtualisation in BIOS

Docker for window is giving error as follows

enable bios virtualisation

how to enable virtualisation

ravindrabhate, Aug 18, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Hyper-V is still present in Windows 10. You may have to re-add it as its not part of Windows.

Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
    Click on Turn Features On or Off and add Hyper-V

swarfega, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. windows xp virtualisation - Similar Threads - virtualisation

2. I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...: Pls help anyone. i need to use google play. but it wont work. HOW TO GET VIRTUALISATION TO WORK??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-turn-on-virtualisation-on-my-windows-10/2e4b623c-2bfa-4447-a5a6-687040d10a92
  3. I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...: Pls help anyone. i need to use google play. but it wont work. HOW TO GET VIRTUALISATION TO WORK??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-turn-on-virtualisation-on-my-windows-10/2e4b623c-2bfa-4447-a5a6-687040d10a92
  4. How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??: In my window 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3511 with 11gen Intel R core i3-1115G4 it shows virtualisation is enabled in task manager but app installer which requires virtualisation show virtualisation is disabled so enable it. I have verified my laptop has virtualisation option,...
  5. How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??

How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??: In my window 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3511 with 11gen Intel R core i3-1115G4 it shows virtualisation is enabled in task manager but app installer which requires virtualisation show virtualisation is disabled so enable it. I have verified my laptop has virtualisation option,...
  6. Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11: My laptop HP Notebook - 15s-du0101tu with Windows 11 could I enable Hardware Virtualisation. What does it do. When I bought it had Win 10 since then upgraded to Win 11.If so, how do I enable it, hope it is not complicated !!!I have Kaspersky Internet Software installed....
  7. Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11

Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11: My laptop HP Notebook - 15s-du0101tu with Windows 11 could I enable Hardware Virtualisation. What does it do. When I bought it had Win 10 since then upgraded to Win 11.If so, how do I enable it, hope it is not complicated !!!I have Kaspersky Internet Software installed....
  8. my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?: i want to instal bluestacks but i need to enable virtualisation is safe or no ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-safe-if-i-enable-virtualisation-in-bios/26917fdb-d58e-453c-b015-113990bc5bbc
  9. my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?

my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?: i want to instal bluestacks but i need to enable virtualisation is safe or no ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-safe-if-i-enable-virtualisation-in-bios/26917fdb-d58e-453c-b015-113990bc5bbc
  10. Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM": Hello,I recently upgraded to win 11 pro to use windows sandbox and hyper-v. In "turn windows features on or off", upon enabling windows sandbox I was prompted to restart where the laptop got stuck in a boot loop. To fix I tried:-updating the bios-reinstalling windows-running...