Windows 10: Windows10 only starts from CD at boot-up..

Discus and support Windows10 only starts from CD at boot-up.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; since a recent update - can't remember which one - Windows10 will only boot from CD I have had to change the boot-up sequence in BIOS to enable this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BugMeister, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Windows10 only starts from CD at boot-up..

since a recent update - can't remember which one - Windows10 will only boot from CD
    I have had to change the boot-up sequence in BIOS to enable this, as the system wouldn't
    boot from the main hard-drive..

- is this a common problem and is there a solution..??

:)

BugMeister, Mar 26, 2015
  2. arunus Win User

Dell Inspiron 11 - 3000 Series. Start up password to reset.

Dell Inspiron 11 - 3000 Series. At the first start up registering the device and Windows10 was successful. The Start Up password entered is "incorrect" then onward. No boot or any other CD was supplied with the product. Password reset disk was not created.
    What now?

arunus, Mar 26, 2015
  3. Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

My computer was working fine with Windows 10 then I started to receive the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device"

I only have the Windows 8.1 CD. Boot sequence is correct and when I try booting from the Windows 8.1 CD and select repair-> advance+ trouble shoot-> repair start up it just keeps looping back to re install??? If I take the CD out I get the Reboot and
    select proper boot device message.

Please help I can't do anything with the computer

Skeletor666, Mar 26, 2015
  4. Windows10 only starts from CD at boot-up..

- obviously this is a serious glitch..
    - I am having difficulty getting sfc/scannow to run, in order to effect a repair

- Unless a solution is possible, a roll-back to Windows7 may be the only solution
    - Windows10 TP10041 appears to be seriously unstable at present..

BugMeister, Mar 26, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Windows 10 isn't "seriously unstable". Your installation has issues. Don't confuse your experience with your one installation with all of Windows 10 for everyone.

sfc hasn't worked reliably since the first Windows 10 release, this is a known issue.. you just can't rely o it. Some people have reported getting It to work for the first time in 10041, but others have not.

This is a technical preview. It's unfinished software. So yes, it has bugs. Yes, it might even completely wipe out your system. However, for most people it's generally stable.

Your issue is probably unrelated to any update. You probably had a virus or something wipe out your boot sector, so you need to rewrite your mbr...

Follow the Windows 8 instructions here:

Fix the MBR – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 only starts from CD at boot-up..

1. Windows10 only starts from CD at boot-up.. - Similar Threads - Windows10 starts boot

2. Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...: This is a somewhat unusual problem. I built a friend a new pc and installed windows from a cd onto the PC's ssd. After shutting down the pc after setting up windows I removed the CD drive and proceeded to boot up the PC and it is stuck on the motherboard's logo screen and...
  3. Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...: This is a somewhat unusual problem. I built a friend a new pc and installed windows from a cd onto the PC's ssd. After shutting down the pc after setting up windows I removed the CD drive and proceeded to boot up the PC and it is stuck on the motherboard's logo screen and...
  4. Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows10 start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 start up: My problem is trying to get windows10 to load everytime. I have followed the Microsoft advanced options repairs and resets. The laptop will boot and run well after each one. I will be able to shut down and boot up the pc during that day I perform each corrective action....
  6. Computer not booting from CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer not booting from CD: As the title sugest, I am having problems booting from a CD I have already set it as a priority in the BIOS as well as setting legacy first It shows the "press any key to boot from cd" but when I do that the windows icon apears, it loads shortly and it never shows the...
  7. Only boots with win 10 CD in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only boots with win 10 CD in: I recently built a computer and im trying to use a samsung 960 evo as my primary boot device but the system will not boot without the cd in the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-boots-with-win-10-cd-in/ca1e0008-d3ed-489b-be45-ca37346767bb
  8. Boot from CD/DVD

Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956
  9. Start-up of Installation CD

Start-up of Installation CD: When installing a new printer and when installing Turbo Tax my Lenovo computer would not play either CD. I went to the Canon website and downloaded the printer driver. The turbo Tax would not play and I thought the CD player was not working but I tried once more and then I...
  10. Cannot boot from CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot from CD: I'm trying to wipe my hard drive with DBAN due to a trojan. I successfully booted from a CD but DBAN (from 2014) only ran 5 seconds, so I burned a CD and a USB thumb drive with the latest version of DBAN. I cannot get the PC to boot from either device despite changing the...