Windows 10: Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk

Discus and support Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I just upgraded my hard disk and connected the old one on second sata port. I checked in the bios and it recognised there, but windows does not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by freeflow, Aug 22, 2018.

1. freeflow Win User

Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk

Hi
    I just upgraded my hard disk and connected the old one on second sata port. I checked in the bios and it recognised there, but windows does not find it at all, not in device manager, Disk Management or with the trouble shooter. When I boot up with a "disk repair/rescue utility" it is found and working.
    Any ideas please?
    Thanks

:)

freeflow, Aug 22, 2018

2. Windows7 Pro 64bit Drivers are not working in Windows10 Pro 64bit

I have upgraded to Win7 to Win10 Pro 64bit,have not ever used Windows8.

So the drivers used in Win7 are not inalling in Win10.

In compatibility mode there are only 2 OS ,Win7 and Win8.

But windows10 is not listed.

What to do,if you say in details,plzz..........

KousikGhosh Jadab, Aug 22, 2018
  3. newluigi Win User
    Running Win10 pro clobbers Win7 hard disk

Obviously I have to be more detailed about the configuration:

All my desktops and notebooks have the same configuration:

4 partitions, named Boot, Application, Data and User Data.

Step 1: To be able to test Win 10 I made a 1to1 copy of my Win7 hard disk to another hard disk and disabled the original installation. After that I made an update from Win7 Ult to Win8 pro on the copied disk, as mentioned I have three Win8 installion packs
    bought but never used it after testing!

Step2: Downloading Win 10pro and upgrade the Win8 installation, all this takes time but Win10 worked as expected.

Step 3: Enable in BIOS hard disk with Win7Ult, reboot win10, 2nd hard disk is correctly recognized and Win10 is working.

Step 4: Switching off hard disk (already in an switchable environment) with Win10 installation and reboot hard disk with Win7Ult, error message shows up, that the partitions have to bee checked!

I hope this will clarify the subject

Regards

Luigi

newluigi, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk

2nd hard disk not available after installing windows 10

Your first step must be to check if the disk is visible in the BIOS.

Frederik Long, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk

1. Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk - Similar Threads - Windows10 pro 64bit

2. 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd external hard disk doesn't show up: 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up in my PC. Any idea would be much apprciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-external-hard-disk-doesnt-show-up/2b5501c4-a4e4-4637-a7a6-b28c8fa30350
  3. 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd external hard disk doesn't show up: 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up in my PC. Any idea would be much apprciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-external-hard-disk-doesnt-show-up/2b5501c4-a4e4-4637-a7a6-b28c8fa30350
  4. 2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10: I have a Windows-10 64 bit Desktop with the latest updates installed. It boots from a 750GB HDD SATA. I added a 2nd HDD: a WD black 2TB HDD, SATA. In Bios my computer will see the 2nd HDD. Once I boot into Windows tho it's invisible. When I check storage spaces: it shows that...
  5. 2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10: I have a Windows-10 64 bit Desktop with the latest updates installed. It boots from a 750GB HDD SATA. I added a 2nd HDD: a WD black 2TB HDD, SATA. In Bios my computer will see the 2nd HDD. Once I boot into Windows tho it's invisible. When I check storage spaces: it shows that...
  6. 2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hard disk is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk is not recognized?: Hello dear good question community, I have another computer problem. I own a Rambot 988B and recently I got an internal hard disk from SEAGATE. I watched YouTube videos about how to set up/connect a hard drive. I'm sure that the hard drive is properly seated in the...
  8. External hard disk is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard disk is not recognized?: Is recognized but not displayed in the This PC! Externe Festplatte wird nicht erkannt?
  9. is it possible to power down 2nd hard disk only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    is it possible to power down 2nd hard disk only: I want to "power down" my newly installed INTERNAL "second" sata HDD (used for videos, photos, music) when it is not being used. Is this even possible to "power down" only the 2nd HDD and not the main HDD??Is there 3rd party software that can do this? I am using windows 10...
  10. not recognizing 2nd display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    not recognizing 2nd display: hello everyone. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series running Windows 10. I just acquired a used Lenovo thinkvision LT2252p 22 inch monitor from a buddy of mine. I just bought a new HDMI/display port cable from amazon. The 2nd display is not getting recognized. It is...