Windows 10: Windows10 reset problem

Discus and support Windows10 reset problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I have an upgrate from windows7 version. Due to "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA" icarriet out a reset. After did was done started Windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ronaldvan der Sanden, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Windows10 reset problem

Hi.

I have an upgrate from windows7 version.

Due to "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA" icarriet out a reset. After did was done started Windows and after 10min the following came up.

Black screen taskbar without apps the windows-,search app are not working only the task view is working and with on screen only the recycle bin app(empty)

"C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.."

Have only my old S3 to work with.I need my laptop what can i do?

Thanks

:)

Ronaldvan der Sanden, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me *Smile

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too *Smile

-

Tankachoo, Jul 15, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows10 reset problem

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 reset problem

1. Windows10 reset problem - Similar Threads - Windows10 reset problem

2. Windows10 & Printer Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 & Printer Problem: I use windows10. I can no longer print in color when using "The Print Shop 4.0 Professional" or "Photo Explosion 4.0". On Sunday everything worked fine. On Monday the problem began. I did not install nor download anything other than Windows updates which does so...
  3. Windows10 & Printer Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 & Printer Problem: I use windows10. I can no longer print in color when using "The Print Shop 4.0 Professional" or "Photo Explosion 4.0". On Sunday everything worked fine. On Monday the problem began. I did not install nor download anything other than Windows updates which does so...
  4. Reset windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset windows10: I tried resetting windows 10 and now my control panel ,windows update one drive windows powershell plus a few others not working also had chinese writing on microsoft edge and bluetooth iso just a disaster cant reinstall windows or update drivers i think this has ruined my...
  5. problems with windows10 edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with windows10 edge: My HP support, focus assist, and start up button will not stay open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-windows10-edge/c6e95ba3-e924-4f58-9b6a-9d128d437165
  6. problem with activaiting windows10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem with activaiting windows10: Hi, i have a problem with activaiting windows10 , why product key didnt work?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-activaiting-windows10/04f9a1a9-c542-4e8d-8d00-6ab421942e13
  7. Livemail problem - Windows10

Livemail problem - Windows10: I use Livemail on Windows10 on two different systems. As of April 6 yesterday I am unable to send outgoing mail from either system two different email accounts, both *** Email address is removed for privacy *** addresses served through AOL mail. Both are able to receive...
  8. Windows10 activation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 activation problem: Hello all, I am having a problem with Windows Activation, which I was alerted to when I tried to hid my task bar. I have a computer that has had a Win 10 Digital signature for approximately 4 years. free upgrade from Win 7 For some unknown reason, it no longer has one...
  9. Reset Windows10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reset Windows10: Hey guys, my cuz hit the reset button before he realized he had marked the reset box that wipes everything clean then restores his computer, now he didn't back up nothing so he wants to reset it again to his old setting in W10 ! He wants his files & pics back ! I told him i...
  10. Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX: How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8. This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC. This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10. Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it...