Windows 10: Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day

Discus and support Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'd appreciate some help. Ever since the Big Windows 10 update nearly two weeks ago, the automatic updates history shows that Windows is updating and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KidRenoir, Oct 2, 2016.

1. KidRenoir Win User

Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day

I'd appreciate some help. Ever since the Big Windows 10 update nearly two weeks ago, the automatic updates history shows that Windows is updating and installing the ALPS pointing device driver once a day, nearly every single day. Obviously this is a bug. I don't get any message telling me that the update failed, however. It just seems to mindlessly repeat the operation every day for no good reason. I've searched various help forums and it would seem that it's impossible to disable automatic updates for any single or specific driver, because Windows knows best *Huh. I understand that I can simply disable the device and its updates, but I don't want to do that, even though I rarely use the touchpad (I have the touchpad disabled when a USB mouse is plugged in). Also I should point out that this is not interfering with my laptop's performance per se, as far as I can tell. It's just annoying to know that this is happening every day and is a needless bit of activity! Thanks for any help you can give me. *Smile

:)

KidRenoir, Oct 2, 2016

2. Dell Latitude E6420 Touchpad not working on Three-Finger Multitasking Gestures

Good day everyone.

I have a Dell Latitude E6420 Laptop and I installed Windows 10. I installed all the latest drivers from Dell but the three-finger Task View gesture on my Alps touchpad isn't working. It's the only gesture that won't work, all the rest like the pinch to zoom
    and scrolling are working though. Windows Update is functional.

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (w/ November Update, build 1511)

Device Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Latitude E6420

Type: Laptop/Notebook

Device type: Mice and other pointing devices

Manufacturer: Alps Electric

Driver Provider: Alps

Driver Date: 10/05/2015

Driver Version: 10.1207.101.109

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Thanks.

Jasper Erum, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update

on 2/10/2016 My Laptop had the following updates

cumulative update for windows 10 KB3194496 (failed first time successful on second try)

alps driver update for alps pointing device (four times)

These were after a complete system update and numerous Alps updates over last two weeks

Does everyone get these?

Why can't Microsoft adopt a new mantra?

'Do it right Do it once!!!!!'

JoeDaniels1951, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day

1. Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day - Similar Threads - Windows10 updates installs

2. Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update: I have a trust mouse with dongle, and everytime I plug it in my HP Zbook Studio G3 it clicks the mouse at random intervals.Easy fix: update the driver. I saw that there indeed was a driver update for Alps Electric - HID, which is for mouse, but every time I update it, it...
  3. Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update: I have a trust mouse with dongle, and everytime I plug it in my HP Zbook Studio G3 it clicks the mouse at random intervals.Easy fix: update the driver. I saw that there indeed was a driver update for Alps Electric - HID, which is for mouse, but every time I update it, it...
  4. Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  5. windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  6. Murder In The Alps - Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Murder In The Alps - Update: I have been playing Murder in the Alps for a while. But today when I started it up, I got the message "To continue playing you need to update the game." So I click "Update", and it goes to the Microsoft store, where the only option is "Play" there is no "Update" option. I...
  7. Windows installing same driver every day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installing same driver every day.: Hello. Windows trying to install same display driver every day several times per day. It started to happen about month ago. Any solutions? [ATTACH]...
  8. BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it.: This is occurring for Windows 10 Professional v1909 build 18363.836 Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me to find the source of this BSOD error. It is a new system, and I've done stress tests on the memory, GPU, and CPU for several hours each, all checking out...
  9. ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k

ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k: The driver Apoint2K prevents Windows 10 from opening, and also from closing ! What can I do about it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alps-pointing-device-driver-apoint2k/ff671ddf-d553-43ce-a508-6f55292aad7d
  10. Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up

Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up: Good day. This is driving me crazy. Windows update is supposedly finding this update every time I run WU. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop model C55D A-14E that is working fine with w10 v1809 [17763.292] Alps touchpad current driver is v8.100.303.509 (2013) which is...