Windows 10: Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64

Discus and support Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear *, I have a question regarding an upgrade from windows10 x32 to x64 So I have Acer One 10 with Windows 10 Home x32 installed (German), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by www111, Jul 6, 2017.

1. www111 Win User

Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64

Dear *,

I have a question regarding an upgrade from windows10 x32 to x64

So I have Acer One 10 with Windows 10 Home x32 installed (German), and the windows is activated with digital license and linked to my hotmail account.

Now i downloaded the windows media creation toll and i want make an installation usb disk with windows 10 x64 (ENG) .

1)

My question is when i do this and install the x64 version. can I then activate the windows10 with the digital licence that is linked to my account ???

2)

I can choose in the media creation toll following editions : windows 10 , windows 10 home single language, windows 10 N.

What is the difference between those versions?

Best Regards.

:)

www111, Jul 6, 2017

2. When Windows 10 rolls around is there someway I can upgrade from Windows 8.1 x32 to Windows 10 x64?

Original title: Windows 8 to Windows 10 x32/x64

If i'm running Windows 8.1 x32, when the windows 10 updates comes around, will it be windows 10 x32? Im asking this because i'd like to change my system from running on x32 to x64 but I can't unless i find my x64 download disc (Which is not very probable)
    or purchase Windows 8 again (dont want to do). So the question is, when windows 10 rolls around is there someway I can upgrade from Windows 8.1 x32 to Windows 10 x64?

GhastlyGhostMP, Jul 6, 2017
  3. JascuAlex Win User
    Question about upgrading! HELP!

Hello.

So my current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1.

If I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x32 (32 bit), will my apps and stuff work even though I upgraded from x64 win 7 to x32 win 10?

Thanks.

JascuAlex, Jul 6, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi www111 and welcome to Tenforums.
    Once a system has had W10 installed and activated, you can reinstall as often as you like/need and the system will see the activation on the MS servers and activate when you go online. Since you also have this system linked to your MS account, if there are ever any problems, you can run the activation troubleshooter and that should resolve things. You just have to be sure you install the same OS as what's on there, i.e. W10 Home, or W10Pro, or W10 Education, W10N, etc..

Unless you know for sure you have single language, or N, it's likely that you have plain old W10 - that is the most common. W10N is missing Media Player, single language is just that - single language.

simrick, Jul 6, 2017
  5. www111 Win User
    Dear simrick,

thank you for the quick answer.

1)
    I didn't get one thing from your answer. Currently is installed the 32-bit version of windows 10 and I want to reinstall to 64-bit version, will i then be able to activate the windows via MS servers ?

2) so if i have window 10 home , i should chose in media creation tool the "windows 10" or "windows 10 home single language"? I don't know if my windows is single language.

Best Regards.

www111, Jul 6, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Yes, if you clean install the same OS you will be able to activate no problem. Bit-ness makes no difference.
    Yes, choose W10 - if you had single language, you would be aware of it, I'm pretty sure.

simrick, Jul 6, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    1) Yes. You'll have to do a clean install; an upgrade isn't allowed when you are changing "bitness".

2) For it to activate, you'll have to install the same version as you already have. (Home.) My memory is a little hazy on this, but I believe that the version delivered by the Media Creation Tool for the US contains both Home and Pro. I think that you skip a license key during the install, and choose to install Home. Try running "systeminfo" in a command line window. (Doesn't need to be run as admin). Scroll up. You'll get version information. I'm not sure that it's exactly what you need but it's harmless.

bobkn, Jul 6, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Correct. But your digital licence is just for Windows 10 - it covers both 32 and 64 bit installs.

Yes, it does, as does the English (International) version (which may be more appropriate for the @www111's purpose). When running the MCT choose 'Windows 10' (not the N or single language versions). In fact the install media will contain Pro, Home, Home single language, and Education.

The Acer One 10 would appear to have been originally supplied with Windows 8.1. Though a later model may have been supplied with Windows 10. Either way, the key for the OEM windows would be embedded in the bios. The setup should detect this key and not ask for one, it should also automatically install the version (Home/Pro) that the key is for.

The line you should look for is the second line, the one for "OS Name:".

Bree, Jul 7, 2017
  9. I really wish they would change that, have it say Windows 10 Multi-Edition or Windows 10 All. Something, instead of just Windows 10. So many people download the SL just because it has "Home" in the description. Then can't activate and have to do it all over again. *Rolleyes

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64 - Similar Threads - Windows10 upgrade x32

2. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64: When I purchased an old desktop years ago, it had win7 pro x32. When I went thorough the update, I then got win10 x32. There's no reason that I know of that this machine couldn't be running the x64 version. And given it's old, I would prefer that so I can recognize more...
  3. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64: When I purchased an old desktop years ago, it had win7 pro x32. When I went thorough the update, I then got win10 x32. There's no reason that I know of that this machine couldn't be running the x64 version. And given it's old, I would prefer that so I can recognize more...
  4. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration

Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration: Now I'm using windows 10 for a long time, but there is always an issue of having a wrong architecture. Like having x32 bit OS architecture but also having a x64 bit CPU. There are some tutorials for conversion but it involves formatting a drive. If you really need it but...
  6. Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64: i recently reset my computer and i tried to install all by apps and games back and for some reason they are all installing as x32 instead of x64 when my system type is 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Win7 Enterprise x32 to win10 x64

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 Enterprise x32 to win10 x64: Hey guys. I was given a PC from a storage room. Got it starting and It runs windows 7 enterprise 32 bit. Since this OS is outdated, I want to install windows 10 x64 bit. The problem I'm having here is: windowsmediatool does not support Enterprise version. I want a clean...
  8. Conversion of x64 to x32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conversion of x64 to x32: My system works slow on 64bit computer as the ram is 1.25GB so I want to convert it into 32bit.... Is there any option how I can convert x64 to x32 without using any CD or DVD Plzz help......
  9. Shortcuts confusion - x64/x32

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts confusion - x64/x32: I'd like to create a few shortcuts for a dock I'll be trying out on Windows 10 64-bit for: Notepad Task Manager On my old 32-bit Windows 7 PC, it was simple - just create a shortcut to the exe in the system32 folder. But with 64-bit, I have a system32 and a syswow64...
  10. If I upgrade from x32 to x64, Will I loose everything on my pc?

If I upgrade from x32 to x64, Will I loose everything on my pc?: If I upgrade from x32 to x64, Will I loose everything on my pc? I would upgrade using a bootable USB Drive... If I do this process will all the photos etc... I have right now go away or will they stay there?*Think*Redface 90722