Windows 10: How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep?

Discus and support How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Helga45, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Helga45 Win User

How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep?

:)

Helga45, Jan 24, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Jan 24, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 24, 2020
  4. How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep?

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep? - Similar Threads - delete flashing colors

2. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  3. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  4. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  5. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. My computer will not wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer will not wake from sleep.: I have a Envy x360. It does not wake from sleep. I have tried resetting power options and nothing seems to work. I also do not have all available power options. If I put my computer to sleep, it basically locks up. In order to wake it, I have to hold the power button down for...
  7. WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep: Hi! So a few months ago I got a new Windows 10 computer, but this issue started a while after. When I wake my computer from sleep, the WiFi for the entire house shuts off for up to 30 minutes. I’m using an ethernet cable. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe this problem...
  8. Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?: when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top * Original title: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-screen-appears-when-computer-wakes-up-from/57722a26-926f-4565-86d6-44d768896351
  9. How do i disable login screen when i wake up from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i disable login screen when i wake up from sleep: Hi guys When i make windows goto sleep and then i just wake it up and it appears the sign in screen and even thou i didnt set a password for my user account i get to see this screen so it doesnt ask for a password thou all i need to do is click the sign in button. How...
  10. Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10): I recently installed Ubuntu onto my computer. After installing it, when my laptop goes to sleep (using Windows 10), it never really wakes up. All it does is flicker different colors. For now, I've worked around it by setting "close lid" to simply do nothing and the power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i stop the picture flashing on my computer when I sign on