Windows 10: Windows10Pro sharing with Mede8er x1000 - network issues in explorer

Discus and support Windows10Pro sharing with Mede8er x1000 - network issues in explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Ive had no problems until a new install recently with the latest Win 10 OS. Network is setup. I can see my PC in the network explorer. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mfx, Dec 12, 2017.

1. MFX
    mfx Win User

Windows10Pro sharing with Mede8er x1000 - network issues in explorer

Hi

Ive had no problems until a new install recently with the latest Win 10 OS.
    Network is setup.
    I can see my PC in the network explorer.
    I can see the Mede8er player as a device and is accessible from the Win 10 homegroups, however I cannot log on to the Windows PC from they mede8er.

I prefer the traditional simple folder and file structure. This means I want to use Windows Explorer in the Network environment. The mede8er (media player) does not register as a network device, but is seen as a device and works in hmegroups (this does not help my issue unfortunately)

I have tried resetting the network on Windows 10, no luck.
    I can ping the mede8er and all 4 responses reply positively.
    I can see the mede8er and Windows PC on the mede8er, however I can not logon to the Windows PC from the mede8er, which I have managed to do fine over the last 5 +years.
    IE Username and Password (the same as I use to log onto the windows machine) which is again historically what I have always done. I just get Login failed.

I have a hunch that this is something to do with SMB1 being disabled and of course due to the ransomware exploits and other nasties that this has been made vulnerable to, I am guessing that this may be the issue.

So my question is simple.

How do I get the Mede8er X1000 to successfully access and see the windows 10 shared folders please?

SOLUTIONS

So it appears unless I enable SMB1 on the windows system, its not going to work and Iam not convinced this is a secure way forward unless things have been patched up?

Ive now installed ES explorer on teh firestick and can stream from that (not as convenient but a solution).

Many thanks

M

:)

2. Connecting Doro Phoneasy 612 to Windows 10 PC

I have connected my Doro Phoneasy 612 to my Acer Aspire X1000 running Windows 10, but it is not recognised. I get a message that it does not have a 'network profile' for it. Help please.

JohnEvansTN2, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Trying to upload the latest Virus and Malware

no updates of windows10pro.

ALOKMAURYA, Dec 12, 2017
Thema:

Windows10Pro sharing with Mede8er x1000 - network issues in explorer

1. Windows10Pro sharing with Mede8er x1000 - network issues in explorer - Similar Threads - Windows10Pro sharing Mede8er

2. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  3. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  4. Network Sharing Issue

Network Sharing Issue: I've windows 10 pro. version 20H2. I'm having issues in Network Sharing. It's like i can access few nodes on my network but those few including every single node on my network can't access my laptop. The error is in the below pic : [ATTACH] When I try to access some node...
  5. Network Share Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Share Issues: Hi, I've 2 PC's, called Desktop and Server from here on a home network. Desktop is an old homebuilt PC that started on Windows 7 and upgrade. It has a local account and an outlook account on it. However, everything is setup on the local account so that's my main account....
  6. Network Sharing Issues

Network Sharing Issues: Just recently bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 and I'm trying to connect through a network to my Windows 7 desktop computer but unable to. However, I'm able to connect the network from Windows 7 to Windows 10 no problems. I watched about 30 different You Tube...
  7. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...
  8. Network sharing issues

Network sharing issues: I am having issues with opening a Microsoft access database through the network sharing system. The access database Is shared between 3 other desktop computers from my main computer which the database is downloaded on. The database works fine on the main desktop because it...
  9. Network Share Issue

Network Share Issue: Hi I posted here before about a network share issue I am having. Here's the story so far About two weeks ago I could share over my network via SMB,then that weekend there was an update to windows defender on saturday night,since then I haven't being able to share smb on...
  10. Network share issue

Network share issue: Hi, I posted on the kodi support forum but to no avail,unfortunately I cannot access my destktop share from my android tv downstairs,I am using kodi media server to stream but it will not connect to my network. On my router I can see the TV IP MAC etc,and I can ping it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mede8er Login fail Windows 10