Windows 10: WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

Discus and support WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonaz, Jan 23, 2018.

1. tonaz Win User

WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

Hello,
    did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C?
    Thanks.

:)

tonaz, Jan 23, 2018

2. WindowsApps folder on other drives/partitions other than C:\

I just discovered that attempting to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder on any drive but C:\ isn't working correctly.

If you process this on C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, it works just fine. But any other drive letter; IE E:\WindowsApps, it will display that you have taken ownership, but you cannot access the folder.

A little bit more digging, after processing ownership, you CAN access it under safe mode and make further edits to the folder permissions, but if you go back into a normal boot, you cannot access the folder.

I understand that these folders have these settings for a reason, but if we are allowed to take ownership, we should then be able to access them.

MaximusX800, Jan 23, 2018
  3. RETRIEVE FILES FROM WINDOWSAPP EXTERNAL DRIVE

Is the folder named windowsapp or windowsapps?

Try
    taking ownership
    of it, copy your files out and get rid of the folder because it shouldn't be on your external hard drive without your permission.

To be on the safe side also scan your system and the drive for malware.

RobertJWin, Jan 23, 2018
Thema:

WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

1. WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive - Similar Threads - WindowsApps folder ownership

2. Moving Public Folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Public Folder to another drive: I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space. The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files...
  3. WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  4. Take Ownership folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  5. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsApps Folder Cleanup: Hi, I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps running. I've gained access to the WApps folder taking ownership and there are a lot of old/unused/unknown folders referring to...
  6. How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive: Hello, I have been looking for a while and cannot seem to find an answer to my problem. That being said, I changed the location for windows apps to install to my new external ssd drive. The issue is that I am not allowed access to the windowsapp folder it created on said...
  7. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...
  8. Drive, Folder and File Ownership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive, Folder and File Ownership: First off, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong topic, I pondered for quite a while trying to decide where exactly I should present my questions/issues and ultimately decided on this topic because but for Network and Sharing issues, I don't know I would truly understand...
  9. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...
  10. Multiple Windowsapps folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Windowsapps folders: I just noticed that an instance of the Windowsapps folder have insinuated itself on one of my data partitions, as well as having 6 Windowsapps folders on my system drive. I don't know exactly what's normal about all of this, but I'm pretty sure the one on my data drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps is in another folder

2. windowsapps folder in other drive

3. windowsapps take ownership

4. copy windowsapps to another drive