Windows 10: WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

Discus and support WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonaz, Jan 23, 2018.

1. tonaz Win User

WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

Hello,
    did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C?
    Thanks.

:)

tonaz, Jan 23, 2018

2. WindowsApps folder on other drives/partitions other than C:\

I just discovered that attempting to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder on any drive but C:\ isn't working correctly.

If you process this on C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, it works just fine. But any other drive letter; IE E:\WindowsApps, it will display that you have taken ownership, but you cannot access the folder.

A little bit more digging, after processing ownership, you CAN access it under safe mode and make further edits to the folder permissions, but if you go back into a normal boot, you cannot access the folder.

I understand that these folders have these settings for a reason, but if we are allowed to take ownership, we should then be able to access them.

MaximusX800, Jan 23, 2018
  3. RETRIEVE FILES FROM WINDOWSAPP EXTERNAL DRIVE

Is the folder named windowsapp or windowsapps?

Try
    taking ownership
    of it, copy your files out and get rid of the folder because it shouldn't be on your external hard drive without your permission.

To be on the safe side also scan your system and the drive for malware.

RobertJWin, Jan 23, 2018
Thema:

WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

1. WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive - Similar Threads - WindowsApps folder ownership

2. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  3. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  4. Need ownership of WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need ownership of WindowsApps: I need to edit a file in a game because the game Scarlet Nexus doesn't provide the proper controller mapping. I have read people saying there is no reason you should need access to that well clearly you do. This is very frustrating when there is an easy valid fix that hasn't...
  5. Need ownership of WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need ownership of WindowsApps: I need to edit a file in a game because the game Scarlet Nexus doesn't provide the proper controller mapping. I have read people saying there is no reason you should need access to that well clearly you do. This is very frustrating when there is an easy valid fix that hasn't...
  6. Need ownership of WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Changing the ownership of WindowsApps folder and subfolders/files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing the ownership of WindowsApps folder and subfolders/files: So I've had this issue for a long while. I can change the permission of the main WindowsApps folder, and it tells me I can change the permissions for its contents to match the same, but it just.... doesn't. I mod games, and so I want to try my hand at modding files in this...
  8. Took ownership but cannot make changes to WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Took ownership but cannot make changes to WindowsApp folder: Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand getting this to work, I really don't like how MS handles this. I'm using the Xbox Game Pass on Windows which, unfortunately, locks your games away in the dreadful WindowsApps folder. I would like to install some mods in some of...
  9. Taking ownership of windowsapps folder - failed to process?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taking ownership of windowsapps folder - failed to process?: So ive taken ownership without much of an issue on two of my pc's. my 3rd is fighting me tooth n nail. When i go to take ownership, it fails to process some stuff. I know when this happened on one of the other pc's, instead of the context menu item to take ownership, I had...
  10. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps folder on another drive

2. windowsapps take ownership

3. windowsapps is in another folder

4. gain ownsership of folders inside windowsapps,
  5. gain access to windowsapps folder on a different drive,
  6. cant delete windowsapps folder safe mode,
  7. windowsapps folder in other drive,
  8. copy windowsapps to another drive