Windows 10: Windwos 10 Pro - can I image to another Windwos 10 Pro machine?

Discus and support Windwos 10 Pro - can I image to another Windwos 10 Pro machine? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Long story short, I fell into a pair of Dell T3500's. They were operational with E5507's and 6x1GB of ECC RAM. I upgraded them to X5680, 6 x 4GB of ECC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jcmeyer5, Feb 4, 2018.

1. jcmeyer5 Win User

Windwos 10 Pro - can I image to another Windwos 10 Pro machine?

Long story short, I fell into a pair of Dell T3500's. They were operational with E5507's and 6x1GB of ECC RAM. I upgraded them to X5680, 6 x 4GB of ECC RAM, and upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. So now I have an issue that I cannot seem to fix (I am using them for Ark:SE servers and the 2nd server isn't allowing me to open the app (DCOM error from Windows 10 store). The first one is working great. So I decided that I want to clone server 1 to server 2.

Both have "free upgrade digital licenses." If I clone the drive, will the system be smart enough to realize it already has a license for that hardware and allow me to continue on without giving me fits about not having a genuine copy?

I mean I am going to try it, but I'm curious if anyone already knows.

:)

jcmeyer5, Feb 4, 2018
  2. Jongun Win User

windows 10 pro oem upgrade to windows 10 enterprise VL without re-install

windows 10 pro(oem) possible upgrade to Windwos 10 Ent.(VL) without re-install?

I know about windows 10 pro to enter can upgrade by provisioning.

Does it also apply to the above situation?

Jongun, Feb 4, 2018
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176929)

My Windwos 10 Pro 64bit hangs at 53%. The above update diagnostic doesnt find anything wrong.

Ben Potter, Feb 4, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Digital licences are held on an MS Server not local hard drives. They should activate automatically but you can use activation troubleshooter to reactivate pc provided you were logging in with MS account, linking digital licence to MS account.

cereberus, Feb 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windwos 10 Pro - can I image to another Windwos 10 Pro machine? - Similar Threads - Windwos Pro image

2. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro: Hello.I have a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 Pro, and I need to do a factory reset and remove everything from my laptop.In the activation settings, I can see this. Can I be sure now that after the factory reset, I will not lose my Windows Pro version?Thanks for answare....
  3. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro: Hello.I have a refurbished laptop with Windows 10 Pro, and I need to do a factory reset and remove everything from my laptop.In the activation settings, I can see this. Can I be sure now that after the factory reset, I will not lose my Windows Pro version?Thanks for answare....
  4. Factory reset remove everyting of windwos 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro: i am having trouble with resetting windows group policy settings i am admin of this laptop PS C:\Users\fired> RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy" At line:1 char:47 + RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S...
  6. how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset group policy in windwos termal windwos 11 pro: i am having trouble with resetting windows group policy settings i am admin of this laptop PS C:\Users\fired> RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy" At line:1 char:47 + RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" && RD /S...
  7. License to run windwos 10 Pro on Hyper-v Machine

License to run windwos 10 Pro on Hyper-v Machine: Hi,what license do I need to run a windows 10 VM on a Hyper-V 2019 STD host?is it possible to move the VM to other host if needed?Thank you,António...
  8. how to download crack verson windwos 10 pro

how to download crack verson windwos 10 pro: How download crack verson windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-crack-verson-windwos-10-pro/16c810f3-f6da-476d-aec1-534508aacc3d
  9. Screensaver in Windwos 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver in Windwos 10: Simple Question - but is there a simple answer ? How do I add Photos (from W10 Photos folder) to an existing album in Screensaver - and how do I add Edit/delete photos from same Screensaver album ? Thank you in advance....
  10. Windwos 10 Pro ISO

Windwos 10 Pro ISO: Is there an ISO file for the Pro Version? I have just upgraded my laptop to Pro and wonder if the recovery partition got upgraded also. If not, is there an ISO file for Pro so that, if the need arises, I can restore to Pro? I have made a Macrium Reflect image of the Pro....