Windows 10: Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version

Discus and support Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The previous work around with windows did work however I'm seeing this error with 1709 version. Any ideas? Windows Mail could not be started because... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bill818, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Bill818 Win User

Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version

The previous work around with windows did work however I'm seeing this error with 1709 version. Any ideas?

Windows Mail could not be started because one of its libraries could not be found.

:)

Bill818, Oct 17, 2017
  2. ndjarnag Win User

Three finger swipe will no longer work with Chrome after Windows 10 Update

The standard three finger swipe will no longer work with Chrome after Windows 10 Update.

Three finger swipe previously moved back and forward on Chrome.

The new action associated with three finger swipe is to switch windows.

How can I revert back to the original action of "moving back and forward on Chrome" with the three finger swipe?

(I have a lenovo thinkpad)

Thanks,

ndjarnag, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Three finger swipe will no longer work with Chrome after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • Is the issue particular to Google Chrome?
    • Have you installed the latest device drivers?
    If the issue is particular to Chrome, suggest you to re-uninstall the browser and check for the issue.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version

Hi Bill818.

One opinion. Fall back to 1703, get Winmail running again and then make your way to supported mail product.

https://www.lifewire.com/import-from...-gmail-1172010

There may be other articles accessed through your favorite search engine to get to other platforms. The key is supported mail product.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 17, 2017
  5. gpstoloff Win User
    Bill:

Reading between the lines in Ken's response, 1709 DID remove several libraries that WLM needs to run, and they aren't coming back. "Say 'Goodnight, Gracie'....'Goodnight, Gracie!'"

If your message store is "trapped" within W10 1709, you can take Ken's suggestion to revert to 1703 temporarily while you migrate your message store, then reinstall 1709 and use any of the new "suitable mail programs".

gpstoloff, Oct 18, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Perhaps its time to move on from this client. After all you are leaving yourself vulnerable by using software that is no longer in active development.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version

1. Winmail will no longer work with 1709 version - Similar Threads - Winmail longer 1709

2. Winmail on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winmail on Win 10: Running Winmail on Win 10. When reading some mail or deleting some I get a message saying "An error has occured can't perform opening or perform deleting". Would appreciate any help....
  3. WinMail Removal

in Browsers and Email
    WinMail Removal: Windows 10 1809 - 10.0.17763.195 If you use NTLite to reconfigure your Windows version and you remove the windows mail option, components, windows apps, apps, windows mail, then it breaks the ability to install windows mail. I am talking about the old Vista mail or WinMail....
  4. WinMail Removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinMail Removal: Windows 10 1809 - 10.0.17763.195 If you use NTLite to reconfigure your Windows version and you remove the windows mail option, components, windows apps, apps, windows mail, then it breaks the ability to install windows mail. I am talking about the old Vista mail or WinMail....
  5. Version 1803 or 1709?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1803 or 1709?: I have a Dell Inspiron 660S, 64-bit, running Windows Home Edition 10. After some recent Windows updates, I noticed I have version 1709 & OS Build 16299.666. In viewing my recent updates, I saw there had been a feature update to Windows 10, version 1803. It keeps showing that...
  6. How to rollback to version 1709

How to rollback to version 1709: Currently on version 1803 and having stuttering issues on a game (Rocket League if it helps). I've went through numerous attempts at troubleshooting what's wrong with the game and the general consensus is that it is this version of Windows. I have an active license with this...
  7. Stuck at version 1709

Stuck at version 1709: Win 10, 1803, continues to fail the update on my Acer computer (i5-3450, 8GB RAM, Win10 home, version 1709 build 16299.611, cable internet hookup, loads of free hard disk area: >1.5 TByte). Here is the latest update attempt information to see if someone can suggest...
  8. version 1709 installed

version 1709 installed: version 1709 installed and Microsoft wants wordpad to be default, I have apache office which Microsoft is ignoring, it has tried 3 times to be default but winpatrol stops it, how do I get Microsoft to stop asking 99979
  9. Windows 10, version 1709

Windows 10, version 1709: Where can i download. ISO Windows 10, version 1709 ? 106501
  10. PC will no longer boot after failed installation version 1709

PC will no longer boot after failed installation version 1709: I can no longer boot my PC. I went to work yesterday leaving Windows 10 version 1709 installing, but when I came home, the computer was off (not in standby); I turned it on, and after about 5 seconds it shut down and then restarted. This goes on for about 6 times before it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 winmail could not be started because one of its libraries could not be found