Windows 10: Winows 10 start menu and missing icons bug.

Discus and support Winows 10 start menu and missing icons bug. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, I got windows 10 back when it came out and I fell in love with it, until just a few weeks a go my start menu did not come up but after a reboot it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Supreamcallum45, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Winows 10 start menu and missing icons bug.

hi, I got windows 10 back when it came out and I fell in love with it, until just a few weeks a go my start menu did not come up but after a reboot it fixed but today when I got on it, it came up as "the start menu and cortana has crashed please log out and we will have it fixed when you log back in" so I did that and b the time got back in Cortana worked( *Smile )but the start menu still wont open then I notest that when I open edge or the store or setting the icons in the taskbar has vanished. I have looked every were and I have tried everything but it still doesn't work, I have also notest hat some icons in the notification panel has gone.

Please help, I need my PC ASAP for collage,
    thank

:)

Supreamcallum45, Sep 18, 2015
  2. kg415 Win User

Some apps missing from All apps on Windows 10 Start Menu

1. The problem occurred while I was manually installing shortcuts into the Start Menu\Programs folder. I created/renamed/moved folders/shortcuts in the process, and apparently this corrupted the Tiledatalayer/database.
    This is a Windows 10 bug.

2. Windows Update reports "Your device is up to date"

Deleting the corrupt Tiledatalayer/database as described here: Some
    apps missing from All apps on Windows 10 Start Menu
    and here: reset tile database removed the Start
    Menu customizations (not from the Task Bar) and made the missing apps appear, but with blank icons. Deleting the icon cache did not fix the blank icons; recreating the shortcuts did.

Microsoft needs to fix this bug and provide a Start Menu repair tool for corrupted Tiledatalayer/databases.

kg415, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 star menu not working ... i tried everything. .. . help pls ...and action center is not working

*Original TItle: Winows 10 star menu not working ... i tried everything. .. . help pls ...and action center is not working

Winows 10 start menu not working ... i tried everything. .. . help pls ...and action center is not working...can i go back to windows 7 for free ... i upgraded my 7 to 10 for free

brunogospodnetic, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Winows 10 start menu and missing icons bug.

Yes, i have just tried it and it comes up red and still doesn't work,
    Winows 10 start menu and missing icons bug. [​IMG]
    , but thanks anyway.

Supreamcallum45, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Winows 10 start menu and missing icons bug.

1. Winows 10 start menu and missing icons bug. - Similar Threads - Winows start menu

2. Windows 10 start menu icon is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu icon is missing: Hi! I have some issue with my computer, a lot of my icons in the start menu went missing. I don't know why but when I repin the apps it will show a blank icon and it won't open pleaae I need help....
  3. Windows 10 start menu icon is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu icon is missing: Hi! I have some issue with my computer, a lot of my icons in the start menu went missing. I don't know why but when I repin the apps it will show a blank icon and it won't open pleaae I need help....
  4. Start menu icons missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu icons missing: When I search for a program in the start menu, the icons for those programs appear broken, a paper icon. Only programs installed on external hard drive have this issue and not programs installed on C drive....
  5. Start Menu icons bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu icons bug: Some Start Menu icons are not appearing correctly [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-bug/f6dea444-1359-472e-8d35-a1755154ed4e
  6. [Bug] Windows 10 Build 2004 - Start Menu Search Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug] Windows 10 Build 2004 - Start Menu Search Icons Missing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/edgy_arousal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7xbow/bug_windows_10_build_2004_start_menu_search_icons/
  7. Missing icons in Start Menu

Missing icons in Start Menu: We use VMWare Dynamic Environment Manager to push our shortcuts to the user's Start Menu. This works fine for 99,9% but sometimes icons are just not shown. It is visible when navigating to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it is just not visible when clicking...
  8. Start Menu Icons - Missing

Start Menu Icons - Missing: Ok this is clearly an ongoing problem that Microsft are failing to address, but it needs to be aired. So for ages I have had an issue with or one or two menu icons vanishing from some programs, Google Chrome being the longest running one. But this question is not about any...
  9. Missing Start Menu icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Start Menu icons.: A lot of my Start Menu icons have recently disappeared. Both tiles and "All Apps" entries. The missing items range from games to Windows features. For example "Windows Accessories" only has three items listed and "Windows Administrative Tools" is missing altogether. The only...
  10. Start Menu Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Missing: Hi, I searched for this problem in the forum but must of the replies apply to Windows or Desktop icons missing. I'm including an image which I think it explains the problem better As you can see, the menu on the right has three icons (circled in red) that are missing from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winows 10 date icon in start