Windows 10: WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized

Discus and support WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For my full system backup I use Acronis TrueImage from a bootable USB stick. This week, we received a new laptop (Lenova YOGA 900S-12ISK Type 80ML) for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nielsvanvelzen, Apr 20, 2017.

1. WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized

For my full system backup I use Acronis TrueImage from a bootable USB stick. This week, we received a new laptop (Lenova YOGA 900S-12ISK Type 80ML) for my wife.

First, I created a normal linux bootable stick to make a system image, but I get a "hard drive not found"-message. In addition, the mousepad is not working. I tried to resolve this issue by using the program "double driver" to backup all drivers from the pre-installed laptop. Next, I used "ATI_PE_BUILDER" (which can be downloaded from the Acronis website and used to create a Acronis TrueImage bootable WinPE iso in combination with Acronis TrueImage). ATI_PE_BUILDER allows custom driver injection during iso creation, so I injected all drivers from the laptop installation into the WinPE iso. It boots perfectly, the mousepad now works and I no longer get the "hard drive not found"-error. However, the harddrive is still not visible in the drive overview in TrueImage. *Sad

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Niels

:)

nielsvanvelzen, Apr 20, 2017

2. windows 10 PE boot disk

Hi Yves,

You need to have a bootable USB flash drive or an external USB hard drive to create a Windows PE (WinPE). You can also use
    a bootable DVD, CD, ISO file, or virtual hard drive (VHD). To do this, you may refer to this

link

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Apr 20, 2017
  3. doctran Win User
    doctran, Apr 20, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized

You could try injecting sata controller etc.

Alternatively install Macrium Reflect Free which (imo) is far superior to Acronis and use that instead.

cereberus, Apr 20, 2017
  5. Problem solved *Biggrin I managed to create an ISO file with True Image and all necessary drivers. Problem was during burning: I forgot to change the MBR option of the usb stick to GPT, which caused the issues. Laptop is currently backing up *Smile Thanks!

Niels

nielsvanvelzen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized

1. WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized - Similar Threads - WinPE bootable USB

2. how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?: Has Microsoft WinPE ISO to create repair or fix media... for Windows11 or 10?Please tell URL for both OSs, of how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?What these differ from actual ISO INSTALLATION of Windows 10 or 11...?...
  3. how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?: Has Microsoft WinPE ISO to create repair or fix media... for Windows11 or 10?Please tell URL for both OSs, of how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?What these differ from actual ISO INSTALLATION of Windows 10 or 11...?...
  4. Internal Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Harddrive Disconnecting: Hi there I made a grave mistake of forgetting that my internal harddrive 1tb was not screwed in when i picked up my pc to move it, and it fell out of its seating to the bottom of the case. Nothing seems to have gone wrong at first. A few times over the next two weeks the...
  5. Internal Harddrive Disconnecting

Internal Harddrive Disconnecting: Hi there I made a grave mistake of forgetting that my internal harddrive 1tb was not screwed in when i picked up my pc to move it, and it fell out of its seating to the bottom of the case. Nothing seems to have gone wrong at first. A few times over the next two weeks the...
  6. Internal Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive: I started here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-create-usb-bootable-drive?view=windows-10In Step 3.3 I took the option to go...
  8. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive: I started here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-create-usb-bootable-drive?view=windows-10In Step 3.3 I took the option to go...
  9. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

10. Bootable WinPE disc for Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable WinPE disc for Win 10 1903: I need to know how to make bootable WinPE disc for Win 10 1903 after ADK and ADKWinPEAddons for win 10 1903 installations. I have been looking but cannot find any up to date info on this. Please respond asap if possible. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winPE bootable dvd does not detect internal laptop hard disk