Windows 10: Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer

Discus and support Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer activated in windows 10 this Windows 10 is a real pain in the ass. Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gerry5039, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Gerry5039 Win User

Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer

Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer activated in windows 10 this Windows 10 is a real pain in the ass.

Can anyone help it is really annoying please, I have tried everything in the book, as admin my key shows as associated with winrar as it should, however logged in as user it is associated with Notepad and I cannot change the association of the file as a user.

:)

Gerry5039, Jan 27, 2017

2. User type locked to Admin, but have no admin privileges, cannot get permission to do many things (Windows 10)

Hi,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• Do you get any error message when you try to save a file on any folder?
    • What is the complete and exact error message?
    • Which files are you referring to?
    I would suggest you to check if your user account is configured as an Administrator account.

Please provide us more information to assist you better.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 27, 2017
  3. User type locked to Admin, but have no admin privileges, cannot get permission to do many things (Windows 10)

As the title says, my user account is set as admin, however, since installing Windows 10 ALL of my admin permissions have been taken away for god knows what reason, and I cannot edit or change or add new files to many of my folders, hell, I can't even move
    my desktop shortcuts because it won't allow me.

If you could shed any light onto this problem, it would be most appreciated.

PorkiousMaximus, Jan 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

It may be a situation that existed in earlier Windows in that the program had to be installed for All Users by someone logged in as an administrator/with administrative rights, not the actual, usually hidden, Administrator

Berton, Jan 27, 2017
  5. Gerry5039 Win User
    Yep but how do I solve it thats the question, it seems I am going to have to stay in as administrator and remove everything that will not work ie: Edge and a few other things, this is really annoying.

Gerry5039, Jan 27, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    T'were me I'd uninstall Winrar, assure I was logged onto the computer as a User with administrative rights [usually the default User on a new install] and reinstall Winrar for all users. A Standard User doesn't have that capability and the full Administrator is a Hidden account on purpose.

Berton, Jan 27, 2017
  7. Kyhi Win User
    WinRAR writes to the registry -
    to avoid this use the portable method of using WinRAR.ini
    WinRAR.ini and rarreg.key are required to be in same folder as WinRAR.exe

8. Gerry5039 Win User

Thank you I sorted it Windows 10 was corrupt so I had to re install it, working now.

Gerry5039, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Winrar activated as admin but when you log out to user it is no longer - Similar Threads - Winrar activated admin

2. Reseting deleting all activities local account, when user logs out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reseting deleting all activities local account, when user logs out!: Hello guys,I have one PC with windows 10 pro and a local guest user.There are many people, who logs in and use this account.But I am looking, if there is an option or a tool, which removes or deletes all a user’s activities, when the user gets out?Why? If a user forgets any...
  3. Reseting deleting all activities local account, when user logs out!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reseting deleting all activities local account, when user logs out!: Hello guys,I have one PC with windows 10 pro and a local guest user.There are many people, who logs in and use this account.But I am looking, if there is an option or a tool, which removes or deletes all a user’s activities, when the user gets out?Why? If a user forgets any...
  4. Reseting deleting all activities local account, when user logs out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why Cant I Log Out Of Admin User Account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Cant I Log Out Of Admin User Account in Windows 11: Every time I log out of the 'Standard User' account and into the Administrator account, I am not able to pull up the menu from my user ico to log back out or switch users back to the 'Stand User' account.When I hover over my icon nothing happens. It doesn't highlight. It does...
  6. Log out Idle users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log out Idle users: Hello all, Working with windows 10 here and I am wondering how in the world can I logout users after 2-3 days off being inactive/idle? I have done my research and have come empty handed, no luck with the group policies and I even created a bat file; it worked but did not...
  7. Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer I no longer have the Admin log-in for: Hi all! I have a Dell desktop that was my old work computer. It's been a couple years since I used it last but I was going to let my son use it for games and such. However, neither my former supervisor nor I can remember the old Admin log-in info and as a result it will not...
  8. No longer admin after trying to disable log in

No longer admin after trying to disable log in: [ATTACH] After finally reformatting after a couple years, which I hold off too long because what a pain it is redoing everything, I wanted to disable the log in screen on startup. I had used the steps in this youtube tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXQ7Aj5uBe4...
  9. WiFi disconnects when user logs out

WiFi disconnects when user logs out: Hope you guys have a moment to help. We are having several laptops that need to be on the wireless domain on the login screen to allow users to log in. When on local admin I can connect just fine, but switching users or logging out kills the WiFi connection. I have entered a...
  10. When non-admin user logs out, the login screen is shifted off monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    When non-admin user logs out, the login screen is shifted off monitor: I just set up a Windows 10 computer for my parents. I made an administrator account for me, and non-admin accounts for my mom and dad. I noticed that whenever my mom or dad uses the computer and then logs out, the subsequent login screen will be shifted partly off the...