Windows 10: WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file

Discus and support WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I managed to create an answer file for Win10 and the installation was a success not having to input anything at all. However, in File Explorer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Jun 3, 2018.

1. WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file

I managed to create an answer file for Win10 and the installation was a success not having to input anything at all.

However, in File Explorer the WinRE drive appears. This was not the case when installing Win10 normally.

How can I edit the XML answer file to have the WinRE not appear in File Explorer?

What value do I need to change, add, or remove?

:)

win10freak, Jun 3, 2018

2. New drive partitions have appeared- WINRE and \\?\Volume{cd60b... ?

Hi, Can ANYONE tell me why WINRE AND \\?\Volume{cd60b... have appeared on my Drive as partitions. Have hard Drive C AND Recovery Drive as normal. The two listed suddenly appeared as Drives.

Moved from Virus & Malware

Original title: Drive Partition

AlanMillerVA, Jun 8, 2018
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file

1. WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file - Similar Threads - WinRE drive appears

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File explorer appear a new drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer appear a new drive?: I was doing my normal work, then all the sudden, out of nowhere, when I checked my file explorer, I saw a new drive called "Linux." At first, I thought I had a virus or something. It took me a while to struggle, but I don't know how to remove the drive or find the cause of...
  6. File explorer appear a new drive?

File explorer appear a new drive?: I was doing my normal work, then all the sudden, out of nowhere, when I checked my file explorer, I saw a new drive called "Linux." At first, I thought I had a virus or something. It took me a while to struggle, but I don't know how to remove the drive or find the cause of...
  7. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  8. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  9. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  10. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer