Windows 10: WinRE partition on Windows 10.

Discus and support WinRE partition on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi to all!!! After my motherboard failure I have got a new computer!!! It is an assembled computer designed by me. A store did the operation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoccoMartinello, Dec 7, 2015.

1. WinRE partition on Windows 10.

Hi to all!!!
    After my motherboard failure I have got a new computer!!!
    It is an assembled computer designed by me.
    A store did the operation of assemble it.
    They installed Windows 10 too.
    Now observing my hard drive (2000GB) with EaseUS I see 878.91 GB of unformatted space, 983.67 GB dedicated to Windows 10 and a partition of 450 MB.
    I think the last partition (450MB) contains WinRE.
    Now my questions are two:
    1) Is it the content of this partition really WinRE?
    2) If the answer to the first question is yes, can I delete it and use WinRE from Windows disc if I have problems and
    WinRE becomes useful?
    Thank you in advance for your answers!!!

:)

RoccoMartinello, Dec 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 Installation error 80070003 - Need a fix

Windows 10 Disk Manager calls my 1st partition OEM. AOMEI calls it WINRE. AOMEI has the option to change the label where Windows does not. I suspect that the label that can be changed with AOMEI is not the important one.

Windows

Simple Basic Healthy (OEM Partition) 1.21 GB 1.21 GB 100%

AOMEI

*WINRE NTFS 1.21 GB 254.73 GB 982.38 MB GPT None

So if AOMEI calls it WINRE, is that good enough? If AOMEI allows me to "change label" is that good enough?

glennr4466, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition Upgrading from Win 8.1

I think what's going on is that there is a copy of WinRe in the EFI System partition which duplicates the one Windows puts in the WinRe Recovery Partition.

Normally Recovery containing WinRe (Windows Repair console) is separate from EFI System partition which contains only boot files.

But I've seen several installs that have it in two places, one where the OEM put it and another where Windows places it.

If you can use Partition Wizard to confirm there is a copy of WindowsRE folder containing the large 235mb Winre.wim in both EFI System and WinReTools partitions, then you could probably delete that folder out of EFI System partition to free up the space
    needed to modify the boot files by the Upgrade.

The logic behind this is that the EFI System partition is not meant to have WinRE folder which is consigned to a separate Recovery partition.

What do you think, J W?

Here is an example of my Recovery partition shown in Disk Mgmt screenshot earlier which also detailed the EFI System partition. Look for that WindowsRE folder in both EFI System and WinRE Recovery partitions. If you could post screenshots of both we can
    determine with more certainty which is superfluous. For example the word "Tools" appearing in the partition label makes me think WinRE Tools partition was placed there by Dell and also contains other Dell files like drivers and possibly diagnostics.

WinRE partition on Windows 10. [​IMG]

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 7, 2015
  4. WinRE partition on Windows 10.

Thank you for the reply NavyLCDR!!!

RoccoMartinello, Dec 7, 2015
  5. DavidE Win User
    DavidE, Dec 7, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, good point. There should be an additional system reserved (boot) partition anywhere from 100 to 500mb in size more than likely as the first partition.

The easiest way to see what is on the partitions (even hidden and system files) is to install MiniTool Partition Wizard Free. Right click on a partition and select Explore. You are looking for a boot folder, with a BCD file in the folder. Do not delete the partition containing the boot folder! (which should also be marked as the active partition).

Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2015
  7. John035 Win User
    That 450 MB partition is the "System Reserved" partition, if it was me then I'll delete it.

John035, Dec 7, 2015
  8. DavidE Win User

WinRE partition on Windows 10.

I never make "Disk Structure" changes without having everything backed up before making any changes.
    Being able to restore/recover if something goes wrong can save a lot of time, data, frustration, cost.

DavidE, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

WinRE partition on Windows 10.

1. WinRE partition on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - WinRE partition

2. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  3. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  4. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...: I'm trying to follow the Instructions to manually resize the partition to install the WinRE update and I'm stuck at the place where I enter "sel disk". I got the error 0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE when I attempted to install the updates. When I enter the command...
  5. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...: I'm trying to follow the Instructions to manually resize the partition to install the WinRE update and I'm stuck at the place where I enter "sel disk". I got the error 0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE when I attempted to install the updates. When I enter the command...
  6. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. can i fix my WinRE recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i fix my WinRE recovery partition: i tried to follow the instructions i got from the update and managed to format my recovery drive.no great big deal every thing else still works except cant reset pc. if i re install from a cd will thatfix the recovery drive. or is there any thing i can do now using command? i...
  8. can i fix my WinRE recovery partition

can i fix my WinRE recovery partition: i tried to follow the instructions i got from the update and managed to format my recovery drive.no great big deal every thing else still works except cant reset pc. if i re install from a cd will thatfix the recovery drive. or is there any thing i can do now using command? i...
  9. can i fix my WinRE recovery partition

10. Following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the windows update...

Following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the windows update...: I've come across issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the KB5034441 update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make screenshot winre

2. how can i see the files on the winre partition

3. winre tools partition windows 10 of 14gb whata is it

4. How to label partition as WINRE tools,
  5. what is in the windowsre folder,
  6. partition winretools windows 10,
  7. how to backup windows in an Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) in Windows 10,
  8. install winre windows 10,
  9. winre partition size,
  10. win 10 winre,
  11. why is winre in the reserve partition in windows 10,
  12. windows 10 pro with winre partions ,
  13. what is re partition on fujitsu windows 10,
  14. winre partition size windows 10