Windows 10: $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File

Discus and support $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Anniversary Update for Windows 10 seems to have left a "$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER" file in the root of the C: drive. It is a 0 byte file. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PJLLB, Aug 21, 2016.

1. PJLLB Win User

$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File

The Anniversary Update for Windows 10 seems to have left a "$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER" file in the root of the C: drive. It is a 0 byte file. Does anyone know what this is? I presume it's safe to delete it, but can someone confirm? Thank you.

:)

PJLLB, Aug 21, 2016

2. Repairing the System Without Losing Data or Changing Any Settings

I have installed the system with the option to keep files and settings. The primary disk has the following folders:

$WINDOWS.~BT

Windows.old

There is also a file contained in the same location:

$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER

Is it safe to delete those folders and the file in order to free space?

vlad978123., Aug 21, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 21, 2016
  4. DooGie Win User

There's a small thread on the Microsoft Community forum but no one seems to know whether it's entirely safe to delete.

WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER - Microsoft Community

DooGie, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File - Similar Threads - $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION MARKER File

2. Folder markers Windows improvement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder markers Windows improvement?: A visual capability to indicate whether folders are empty or not would be greatly appreciated.Besides having to look up the folder size, if there was a visual indicator like with Cloud folders that indicate whether the folder is synced or not it would make our company's file...
  3. Folder markers Windows improvement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder markers Windows improvement?: A visual capability to indicate whether folders are empty or not would be greatly appreciated.Besides having to look up the folder size, if there was a visual indicator like with Cloud folders that indicate whether the folder is synced or not it would make our company's file...
  4. Audio Markers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Markers: In Video Editor, I have added custom music and need to adjust the length, but there are no markers to drag the length shorter or longer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-markers/8660cacf-234e-4e5f-881f-55e99840712b
  5. Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Markers: In Video Editor, I have added custom music and need to adjust the length, but there are no markers to drag the length shorter or longer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-markers/8660cacf-234e-4e5f-881f-55e99840712b
  6. Audio Markers

7. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  8. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  9. Is the Folder Marker software safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Folder Marker software safe?: I like to subdivide the shit out of my document folders and Windows doesn't have many options for customizing folders' appearance (like different colors). I read about Folder Marker and it seems to suit my needs, but I can't find many reviews. Does anyone know if it's safe?...
  10. removal of formatting markers

removal of formatting markers: i am working on a word document and have tried to remove the formatting markers using the erase icon on the font settings. i havent been able to remove them all- can anyone help please 83259

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER

2. $winre_backup_partition.marker windows 10

3. $winre_backup_partition.marker in windows 10

4. $winre_backup_partition.markerとは,
  5. c an i delete $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER,
  6. $winre_backup_partition.marker restore,
  7. winre backup partition marker,
  8. $winre_backup_partition.marker microsoft,
  9. file $winre_backup_partition.mahager.marker