Windows 10: $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File

Discus and support $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Anniversary Update for Windows 10 seems to have left a "$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER" file in the root of the C: drive. It is a 0 byte file. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PJLLB, Aug 21, 2016.

1. PJLLB Win User

$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File

The Anniversary Update for Windows 10 seems to have left a "$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER" file in the root of the C: drive. It is a 0 byte file. Does anyone know what this is? I presume it's safe to delete it, but can someone confirm? Thank you.

:)

PJLLB, Aug 21, 2016

2. Repairing the System Without Losing Data or Changing Any Settings

I have installed the system with the option to keep files and settings. The primary disk has the following folders:

$WINDOWS.~BT

Windows.old

There is also a file contained in the same location:

$WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER

Is it safe to delete those folders and the file in order to free space?

vlad978123., Aug 21, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 21, 2016
  4. DooGie Win User

There's a small thread on the Microsoft Community forum but no one seems to know whether it's entirely safe to delete.

WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER - Microsoft Community

DooGie, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER File - Similar Threads - $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION MARKER File

2. Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files: What is the file name for the "It is now safe to turn off your computer"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files/1a5ebead-039e-436c-a47e-d83483371dca"
  3. File Permissions for all files

File Permissions for all files: I'm running windows 10. I am tired of a) files that I know are on my computer not showing up in searches and b) being denied permission to access or change the contents of files. What is the quickest way to give me (and the search function in Windows 10) access to every...
  4. files

files: I downloaded an e book but am unable to find it. I went to print another document and it started printing the ebook so I let it go ahead. But, when adding more paper I accidently unplugged printer so when I plugged it back in it wanted to start printing the book again from...
  5. files

in Windows 10 Customization
    files: how do i free up files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files/28409d80-44ce-4d99-8bcd-04563e7a1f44
  6. files

files: I do not know how to add a file because I really want to watch a movie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files/2b9a2ac0-0192-4da4-bc6a-714c960acfee"
  7. removal of formatting markers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removal of formatting markers: i am working on a word document and have tried to remove the formatting markers using the erase icon on the font settings. i havent been able to remove them all- can anyone help please 83259
  8. Upgrading from XP to Windows 10 and reinstalling Folder Marker Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from XP to Windows 10 and reinstalling Folder Marker Pro.: My computer's motherboard was damaged by and electrical surge. I use Folder Marker Pro to add more colors and icons to differentiate the folders. The folders I used Folder Marker Pro on aren't showing any of the colors or icons in the new install of 10. The ones that I marked...
  9. Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?: I have a system that started life with a fresh Windows 10 64-bit preview build installed on a blank drive with only one partition. This was later upgraded (using the "not keep any data" option) to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit release. The system drive now has a "Recovery" folder in...
  10. How can I erase win7 marker in SLIC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I erase win7 marker in SLIC?: Hi all, I installed Windows 10 dvd on an old notebook which was running vista(it means I cleaned the hard disk and installed Windows 10 dvd). However win 10 has a minor problems. I'm an insider, so I checked build 10240 and 10547(upgraded last week by windows update). When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER

2. winre backup partition marker

3. $winre_backup_partition.marker microsoft

4. file $winre_backup_partition.mahager.marker,
  5. $winre_backup_partition.marker windows 10