Windows 10: Wins 10 does not see my dvd drive

Discus and support Wins 10 does not see my dvd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Crossed over Fri. and all went well,BUT for one thing the system does not see the drive..if you click hidden folders on Manager it shows up with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stlbob, Feb 22, 2016.

1. stlbob Win User

Wins 10 does not see my dvd drive

Crossed over Fri. and all went well,BUT for one thing the system does not see the drive..if you click hidden folders on Manager it shows up with the following the drive is not connected to the computer ( 45)....which i get a laugh from.It is not connected..buuuut..it reads it well enough to tell me it is not connected..??*Huh

I am rather new to Windows and have spent 2 days online trying to find the unicorn my dvd drive become.

ANY HELP will be greatly appreciated

:)

stlbob, Feb 22, 2016
  2. 1970APO Win User

windows 10 cd/dvd drivers problems

I have had the same problem with the loss of the DVD Player. My Laptop is an ACER Aspire 5553 and the DVD drive which came with the laptop is a Hitachi-LG Super Multi DVD Drive - HL-DT-STDVDRAM Model GT31N.

I cannot find any drivers from ACER or on the Hitachi/LG websites.

The DVD drive works perfectly in Windows 8.1, but after installing Win 10, the DVD drive does not show. If I add the standard CD-ROM driver from within Win 10, the drive still does not work.

I rolled back to Win 8.1 and the DVD drive worked perfectly. I reinstalled Win 10 and it does not work. The screen shot below is from Win 8.1. It has two drivers. Although, one looks the same as in Win 10, the one in Win 10 does not make the DVD drive
    work (or the eject button).

Please create an update to fix this. I am not going to edit the registry.

Microsoft should have ironed out these faults before releasing Windows 10.

It is both time consuming and annoying to have try to work out what is going wrong, when a multi-million £/$ company should get it right first time.

Wins 10     does not see my dvd drive [​IMG]

1970APO, Feb 22, 2016
  3. netrick Win User
    Win 10 does not recognize my Samsung NP355v5c cd dvd drive

Original Title :

Win 10 does not recognize my Samsung NP355v5c cd dvd drive. Worked fine with win 8.1.

netrick, Feb 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, a good number of people have experienced this - me too on one PC. Always worth searching the forum for possible answers.
    Here's one of many such threads that should help.

"
    1. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator. (E.g. Windows key + X, Click Command Prompt (admin) )
    2. Copy/type the following and enter

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

3. Reboot the system
    My DVD drive was then automatically recognised. Yippee."

from

Solved Windows 10 - my dvd/cd drive is not recognised, at all - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Feb 23, 2016
  5. hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wins 10 does not see my dvd drive - Similar Threads - Wins does dvd

2. Can't see DVD drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see DVD drives: Hello:I have installed windows server 2016 essential and I can see my two DVD drives in Device Manager, however, they do not show up in file explorer. How do I fix this so that I can see the drives in file explorer, thanks, Allen...
  3. Can't see DVD drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see DVD drives: Hello:I have installed windows server 2016 essential and I can see my two DVD drives in Device Manager, however, they do not show up in file explorer. How do I fix this so that I can see the drives in file explorer, thanks, Allen...
  4. DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10: I have been ripping DVD's to the cloud all weekend with no problems using MakeMKV. Then suddenly after about 90 discs my DVD drive stopped recognizing any disc I put in it. I insert a disc, wait a few seconds and click on the DVD drive in Windows Explorer. Then the drawer...
  5. Win 10 DVD Drive Issue

Win 10 DVD Drive Issue: I have an HP 635 notebook using Win 10 and experience an usual issue with the DVD drive. I have a hp CDDVDW SN-208BB drive. After I restart Windows, the DVD drive in explorer shows as a removable drive as a result the DVD player is gone as shown in 1st image. I looked at...
  6. BIOS sees DVD (sata) drive but Windows 10 does not.

BIOS sees DVD (sata) drive but Windows 10 does not.: I have connections on my motherboard for 8 sata drives and am using only 6, which includes the DVD drive. All of the hard drives and USB drives show in File Explorer but the DVD drive does not. How do I get the DVD drive to show in Windows 10?...
  7. Win 10 shows my dvd drive as a floppy

Win 10 shows my dvd drive as a floppy: after updating from win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro my dvd player/burner shows as a floppy drive. 13990
  8. Win 10 does not see my Camera?

Win 10 does not see my Camera?: All, I have a Sony digital camera DCS-W730 (not a camera on my phone. Its a seperate camera) that I can no longer download photos to my PC? I haven't used the digital camera since I upgraded to win 10 in Jul 2016. I could download when I was on win7 with no problem. When...
  9. Win 10 Tablet Sees USB drives, but does NOT see any data!

Win 10 Tablet Sees USB drives, but does NOT see any data!: I'm running 32-bit Windows 10 Pro on a Toshiba Encore 2, model WT10-A tablet. I can always boot it successfully from any UEFI USB flash drive (both 2.0 & 3.0), but when I insert either type when running Windows -- although they show up in both the Device Manager and the Disk...
  10. Win 10 does not see files on CD/DVD rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 does not see files on CD/DVD rom: I performed the upgrade on Windows 10 after installation I was trying to install office 2007, the DVD rom drive is seen by win 10 because I can eject the disk but no files to be seen in explorer and it won't auto start despite all the settings.. I have changed the auto start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I get windows 10 to recongnize my email address